AA Car of the Year Awards - what is your pick?

Page 2 / 2
mals69, Oct 11, 9:45am
Good point, keep their "silver" readership happy.

mals69, Oct 11, 10:01am
I'll pass on getting behind the wheel of
some on that list, straightout granniemobiles!

vtecintegra, Oct 11, 10:16am
The Astra hatch and sedan are actually different vehicles - the hatch is the Euro Astra, the sedan is Korean. Yes this is dumb and confusing and going to further damage the Astra name (which is a shame because the hatch is quite good apparently)

Anyway I think the CX5 will win

vtecintegra, Oct 11, 10:17am
Have they released anything this year?

db.price, Oct 11, 2:15pm
Nissan released the new X-Trail but I think it was after the July cutoff

vtecintegra, Oct 11, 2:18pm
That’s only a minor facelift - I don’t think it counts

trouser, Oct 11, 2:55pm
Jesus the ignis is a tinny pile of rubbish. I'm amazed they ask so much for that glorified Indian horse cart. More like a 15k car IMHO. Reminds me of a Fiat uno.

db.price, Oct 12, 9:24am
Yet suprisingly the Ignis got some good reviews.

trouser, Oct 12, 3:02pm
By impartial, unbiased motor writers who give every car that advertises in their mag 8 or 9 out of 10.

I'm sure it's great but they are taking the piss with the price.

db.price, Oct 12, 3:35pm
Well each to their own - certainly seen a few on the road. Probably do what they are designed for - nip around town and easy to park. Certainly don't have a lot of boot space so the picture in their web site of the guy packing up camping gear in the back made me chuckle.

But yes $23K for the top of the line model? At that price I would be looking at a Kia Rio or similar. Hell even saw a few Fiat 500C for around that price new just recently.

toenail, Oct 12, 5:48pm
Yawn. That's what I think of the list. Where's the excitement people? How did we become so utilitarian? I would rather get picked up in a self-driving car than to drive one of these.

westwyn, Oct 12, 5:58pm
Nope. It's an impartial process- and great efforts are made to keep it so, given the kudos an award brings, and the scrutiny from the competition to ensure no-one games the system.

I was out with one of the judges a couple of days ago in one of the finalists, as they went through another assessment. They take it- and the voting secrecy- pretty seriously!

mals69, Oct 13, 9:54am
WRX likes a drink ? Flamin alcoholics, better off running
a V8 and have more power! Something with a more "flexible
chassis" too.

db.price, Oct 13, 11:28am
The point is the WRX has probably the same pawer as a V8 but the power to weight ratio is much higher and the handling blows away any rear wheel V8.

mals69, Dec 25, 4:46pm
Trying to get the power of a V8 with 4 wee tin pots.
Don't last as long. Found sisters sti very stiff, her
2009 sti not a light weight car.