Auckland's Southern petrol tax boundary.

Page 1 / 2
budgel, Jul 2, 9:46am
I see on the news that Pukekohe is the southern boundary for the fuel tax.
Where is the boundary when heading down the motorway/expressway towards Hampton Downs? Is it the Mill rd. Pukekohe exit? If so, the Caltex station will be included in the tax grab and the BP will not.

s_nz, Jul 2, 9:53am
Type "auckland region" into google maps, and it will show the boundaries.

budgel, Jul 2, 10:16am
Thanks, I did that. It seems the boundary is south of Mill Rd, so both gas stations are included.

saxman99, Jul 2, 10:18am
Yeah the line is between Bombay and Pokeno, crossing SH1 at Beaver rd. I presume the small gas station in pokeno is therefore not included in the Auckland tax.

gazzat22, Jul 2, 10:24am
Yep,Thanks to messrs Key and Hide both Petrol Stations at Bombay are in the Auckland Councils grasp.Tuakau is another alternative as its in the Waikato.

snork28, Jul 2, 10:26am
the northern one is the caltex at kaiwaka, wondering how thats going to cope with all the extra traffic and trucks crossing over sh1 southbound to get fuel and then again to continue their journey south, seems a recipe for accidents to me.

poppy62, Jul 2, 11:58am
Forget Pokeno the prices are/will be, the same as Bombay/Pukekohe. big discussions on the Franklin grapevine. 9 months on from this incompetent coalition Govt and we've got strikes, price increases, more taxes, reduced economic growth, currency devalued, and a whole host of issues that seemingly are going to be righted by MORE TAXES. Oh happy days!

tshop, Jul 2, 12:00pm
(ô¿ô)

skull, Jul 2, 1:18pm
How far out towards Thames does it extend? Where is the 1st station from Auckland out that way without the tax?

peja, Jul 2, 1:29pm
First reasonably priced one would be Gull in Ngatea. There is a Waitomo station at Maramarua but that has always been fairly expensive

newtec1, Jul 2, 4:43pm
I filled up yesterday at Pokeno but didn't take notice of the price.I asked if they were Auckland prices and the reply was no so i assumed they were cheaper. Don't assume anything i was told in sales.

newtec1, Jul 2, 4:46pm
What's it got to do with Key and Hide.They didn't introduce the levy,it makes no difference where the boundary is,Goff and his mates found a way to extract more coin from us all,not Key and Hide.

newtec1, Jul 2, 4:46pm
Correct.

poppy62, Jul 2, 4:47pm
Gull in Whangarata Road (Pokeno ) Diesel 6cents cheaper than others in the area. Waitomo Bombay is 7 cents cheaper that Caltex / BP Bombay.

next-to-normal, Jul 2, 4:57pm
mercer going to be busy

exwesty, Jul 2, 5:47pm
Also a Gull station on SH1 @ Hampton Downs.

vivac, Jul 2, 8:04pm
Will be the closest one to the bottom of the Bombay hills.

socram, Jul 2, 8:42pm
Pity that although Gull are leaders in low cost, there is still a large question mark over their fuel.
Today BP Onewa Domain, diesel $1.60. Gull Birkenhead $1.38. Now what is interesting is that the BP has gone up a lot more than 11.5 cents since Saturday and I suspect the others around there have too, as they have their own little cartel.

sandypheet, Jul 3, 6:15am
Ahhhh the joys of living in Auckland.Oh by the way can you please have your motorway clear on the 27th of this month as I am passing through and would not be pleased if I have to slow down.

gazzat22, Jul 3, 10:18am
No but you might have noticed they extended the Auckland boundary to take in From Franklin to Rodney .! So now thanks to John and Rodney we,re all part of Auckland,all the costs none of the advantages and none of the services we used to get.

tgray, Jul 3, 10:21am
It doesn't necessarily mean they will be any cheaper however.

poppy62, Jul 3, 4:01pm
As Newtec said, nothing to do with Central Govt, but all down to Local Govt, which by the way is Labour led in Auckland. The annexing of Franklin and Rodney (pretext of Super city) was to generate fund via Land and water/waste water etc., taxes in order to (supposedly) carry out infrastructure improvements albeit poorly thought out and even more poorly implemented. Forever closing the gate after the Horses have bolted.

gazzat22, Jul 3, 4:17pm
Excuse me! Central Government were the ones who pushed us into and under the Auckland Council despite not having a vote or anything similar.If Key and Hide hadnt forced us in we wouldnt be in Auckland Councils sphere of influence.Unless you mean Rodney Hide and John Key were actually in the Labour party in disguise.

kazbanz, Jul 3, 4:35pm
It will be "interesting" to see what happens to the REAL fuel costings once this all settles down.
My prediction is that the pre tax price will drop in Auckland stations most likely affected by any drifting "south (or north) of the border" but in more "safe' locations will remain at a higher price.

dlmckay, Jul 3, 4:44pm
$2.18 Waitomo Bombay and $2.02 at Gull Ngatea on Monday evening