I wonder how many of our expert drivers

bumfacingdown, Oct 9, 5:21pm

tamarillo, Oct 9, 5:43pm
Saw a video lately showing UK plain cloths/ unmarked motorbike, pulling up next to folks in traffic jams that were looking at phones. He pulls up, puts some deftly concealed flashing lights on, tells them to pull up after junction, and tickets them.
Wholeheartedly agree with ban whilst driving. But thought targeting people stuck in trafiic not moving a bit pathetic .

esky-tastic, Oct 9, 5:44pm
Were they moving when they used their phone?
Or only after they had stopped?

esky-tastic, Oct 9, 5:45pm
Bring in the Aussie penalty for using a phone while driving - that will sharpen phone users up!

gunhand, Oct 9, 5:51pm
Tip of the iceberg. I see shit loads every day. All types as well. And they are the ones who you can see doing it. Then are those who have something bloody fascinating going on on their crotch.

bumfacingdown, Oct 9, 5:56pm
Who cares if they were in traffic, a red light does not mean phone time

bumfacingdown, Oct 9, 5:57pm
So they are not always playing with themselves, well thats what I heard someone call them

bashfulbro, Oct 9, 8:01pm
30,000 multiplied by $ 80 fine, pretty good money they`re raking in .
The whole idea of introducing the ban and fines, in the first place,was to make money from the practice, never to actually stop the practice.
If they really wanted the phone usage to stop, then they would have introduced penalties that would deter people from doing it.
Crime is NZ`s biggest industry, minor stuff like this,is just a small part of the whole money making process, the country, simply couldn`t operate as we know it, without a steady money stream coming from law breaking.

gunhand, Oct 9, 8:16pm
Really, they have actual life sentences and even death penalties for crimes around the world. Here we have long sentences for crimes as well, yet it still happens. It's no secret that you are not suppose to use a mobile phone while driving, yet they do. Pretty easy way to stop them gathering said revenue is to? . Geez, we manged when there was no such thing as mobile phones not to be in contact 24 7. And most wont be those life a death calls one may suggest is a good reason to be doing it while driving. Most will be utter garbage. NOW, I actually think its all kinda stupid. They say you can not talk and drive on a cell phone yet you can use an RT/CB.
Txting, absolutely 100% should very illegal, oh yea, it is.

bumfacingdown, Oct 9, 8:23pm
Nothing to do with the attitude of "Those laws are for other people, not me" probably has more to do with these people donating their money to the Govt

poppy62, Oct 9, 8:43pm
Just one life lost because of some selfish @#$%^ who has to use the phone whilst driving is one too many. Murder charge in the case of death, GBH for non fatal. $1000 fine and 6 months loss of licence with a compulsory resit would help clear the roads of the addicted mobile phone user drivers. No excuses!

poppy62, Oct 9, 8:50pm
Disagree mate, if you're on the phone you lose the perspective of all that's happening, or about to happen around you. It's real easy to be distracted whilst in the drivers seat. Everyone knows how easy it would be to use the horn for the many dreamers on the road both stationary and rolling.

gunhand, Oct 9, 9:00pm
Agree, nose down taking no notice at all. Light goes green or way clear and no movement. good skills.

laurelanne, Oct 9, 9:11pm
When I'm in traffic on the motorway, I hate people talking to me, because I know I am not listening and I do not want to answer. So you know what I think of cell phones.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 9, 10:02pm
Those are often just Fiat drivers though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w-Q9gFyOu8

stickman100, Oct 9, 10:12pm
This is a good 1 for teens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-t-pVe-LCs

poppy62, Dec 28, 4:50pm
Our roads are full of them and their parents and grand parents too. I hate the fact that innocent parties will be the horrendous consequences of the actions of these selfish #$%^&.