Anyone own a Ford Escape 2017 and above

teddys.nursery, Jun 30, 7:40pm
Would be interested to know what kind of fuel economy you are getting, especially in the 1.5L EcoBoost variant

skull, Jun 30, 7:56pm

db.price, Jul 1, 11:29am
We took one for a spin last year when doing comparison drives for a new car. While I found the Escape to be not bad I did find that it had much more body roll than the CX5. Power was similar but cabin appointments and build quality were just not quite as good. Front seats were not as comfortable as the CX5 and rear seats just seemed too thin. Boot space was OK, similar to the CX5 but way less than the Xtrail, CRV, Kodiaq, Sportage and Tiguan.

The ecoboost engine had pep but fuel economy was similar to the CX5 2.5l engine.

The big up side was the price at the time. $45990 for the Titanium Deisel which was $11k less than the Deisel CX5.

ako2, Jul 2, 2:33pm
I drive a 2016 Ford Kuga (Escape) with the 1.5 Ecoboost engine. Real world driving around town with short bursts up the motorway gives me 9.8lt/100 km without giving any consideration to driving economically. I can get it down to around 8.5lt/100km around town IF I try to drive it more conservatively.Open road trips generally return around 7.4lt/100 km, again with no consideration to trying to be economical. Definitely very peppy and is considerably quicker/more fun factor than the 2.0 Nissan Qashqai that it replaced. These figures are real world achievable as opposed to what the manufacturer claims.

db.price, Jul 2, 4:04pm
Interesting.

We could never get the numbers that were stated on our old car - Kia Picanto but with our CX5 we find that the quoted numbers in their documentation is almost spot on (normally only 0.1 or 0.2l out at most).

mush13, Jul 4, 1:16pm
I remember when I got my 2015 kuga, the write ups indicated the 1.5 Ecoboost model was a bit hungry on fuel. A quick look on the net seems to confirm this has not changed.

Personally I think the motor is a little small to lug around 1.7 odd tonnes.

Note: if viewing mpg on USA sites their gallon is half a litre smaller.

tga73, Dec 3, 7:16am
My Subaru Outback 2004 2.5l does 8.5 to 100kms easy dads Mazda 6 does 6.7/100 . Ec0 boost is a con job eco when foot off, hungry when foot down like all engines.Also small turbo engines get very hot under load eg towing and passengers.Mazda,Toyota,Nissan-
/Subaru makes ford look stupid.