2nd round Electric cars are not trouble free

intrade, Aug 24, 3:04pm
as claimed. as i said the tesla drivetrain fails at 40,000 miles
Here is 100% proof.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7dCeRm58fo

poppy62, Aug 24, 3:34pm
4 bearings and some trans & coolant fluid is hardly a huge issue. Probably $200.00 in parts and fluid. Don't really understand your dislike for EVs. I'm happy to go electric as soon as I get all my traveling done. Mercedes EV is my choice.

gammelvind, Aug 24, 3:35pm
Sorry intrade but what is your point?
Obviously anything mechanical can have faults or breakdowns, Tesla is what most of us would call an exotic in the same category as a Ferrari or masarati and in all likelihood have breakdowns. The humble Nissan Leaf on the other hand would probably have less issues though I am sure they won’t be without fault.
Waving a flag to say watch out for electric cars as some of them break down is showing as narrow a mind as the EV brigade who claim they are faultless.

oversize, Aug 24, 4:26pm
no it is not proof, it is a video of one case that could have been edited.

headcat, Aug 24, 4:28pm
Luddites are always with us. Some things rather than being better or worse, are just different.

intrade, Aug 24, 5:06pm
um there is more then one video with people who had multiple drivtrain replacments under warranty. And multiple leafs with degraded batterys also.

intrade, Aug 24, 5:19pm
i was sure i could convince anyone with this thread. i guess there is no way out of delutions once your stuck there.
And no this thread is not about that electric cars are worse then petrol.
This thread is about that they are
************************** "not trouble free" *****************************

, Aug 24, 6:09pm
Intrade have you recently taken an impact to the head?
Yes some Tesla's, particularly those made prior to 2013, have problems. However you're talking about a high end luxury car from a new American manufacturer.

This really has nothing to do with EV reliability and everything to do with a new manufacturer making a new complicated product from scratch.

Buy any high end luxury performance petrol car and you'll experience the same problems, for example I dealt with a late model Maserati once that required a $35k clutch change every 30,000km. Welcome to expensive cars, if you can't afford the maintenance buy a Leaf not a Tesla.

serf407, Aug 24, 6:16pm
It will be an interesting day when official workshops of Tesla cars start making and posting youtube repair videos.
the 2nd video should be interesting when the updated rear drive is put in.
are there any aftermarket performance parts makers for tesla yet?

lusty9, Aug 24, 6:19pm
who cares.

serf407, Aug 24, 6:31pm
Where in your opinion does a well cared for from new BMW i3 likely to sit on the mainteance cost scale vs leaf? Appreciate the Hyundais are too new for an assessment

serf407, Aug 24, 6:37pm
Be interesting to find out what happened at Ford, they were on a greenpathway years ago that seems to have got derailed and they need to play catchup bigtime. Suspect Mully must have vetoed some programs.
https://electrek.co/2018/03/15/ford-upcoming-electric-vehicles-charging-experience/ and having problems along the way. https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/videos/autocomplete-ford-recalls-50000-ev-charging-cables/

, Aug 24, 6:37pm
I really like the I3 and would consider one as a company vehicle, but some big issues with them are the tyres are very expensive and puncture very easily. The older cars 2014 and 2015 REX models range extender generators seem to fail regularly (the newer ones are better apparently). They look pretty cool, small rear wheel drive with heaps of horsepower. Not as nice to drive as a Leaf but much more sporting.

harm_less, Aug 24, 7:13pm
Get yourself a decent proof reader and an attitude adjustment and I might bother reading and replying to your posts. Xenophobia is a sure indication of ignorance.

intrade, Aug 25, 7:44am
This video i just watched is quite accurate on information and fun facts.
They talk about what is good on tesla and you can clearly see how the bearings wont last also in this video if you think about,
new improofed topgear . ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scyYfbL5P9w

berg, Aug 25, 8:16am
And the "pot calling the kettle black" award goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,

jason_247, Aug 25, 10:08am
I would really love to actually know what intrade actually wants.
like deep down how he would be happy with the automotive world.

I imagine he wants every manufacturer to make a 1992 corolla again and never change it.

Presumably, he thinks car companies would have no trouble convincing people to spend $45k upgrading their $5k car to the same thing, no changes or advantages.

and of course, I'm sure he thinks mechanics will be super happy about going home saying. hey, love I sure love that every part is super easy to fit, but by the way, only one car came in today so we are going to have to sell the house.

but in all seriousness intrade is abit of a paradox.

he hates cars, hates technology, hates people by the looks and thinks everyone is a moron.

yet he works on cars, brags about his technical prowess, spends half his day on message boards and writes like a spastic.

strange.

poppy62, Aug 25, 10:21am
Those Swiss people aye! i actually have a soft spot for them, they're different to the NZ bogan.

intrade, Oct 16, 1:58pm
i advise you watch this to understand What the real problems are
obviously not that part that apple is screwing people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hYHwkIuEMo&t=807s