Nissan 370Z vs Skyline 370GT crossover

robotnik, Apr 22, 9:03pm
For a long time I have wanted a Nissan 370Z, but for a family car I already have a 2009 Skyline 370GT Crossover (the four wheel drive model). Had the skyline a couple of years and it goes pretty well and am pretty happy with it. Would be keeping the Skyline and saving the 370GT for weekends.

Should I bother with getting a 370Z as I think I am maybe 70% there already with the Skyline, engine-wise and stuff at least. I figure cars like the 370Z will be banned in a few years so maybe I should get one? I don't do that much corner carving or anything like that. Just sorta like going fast in a straight line I guess, LOL.

nesta129, Apr 22, 10:43pm
how'd you figure that cars like the 370z will be banned in a few years?

dunno exactly when but the 400z will be launched in a few years.

vtecintegra, Apr 23, 7:43am
The 370z isn't really a straight line car - sure it's pretty fast but it's really more focused on cornering (big brakes, stuff suspension etc)

It'd be worth driving a couple and seeing what you think though.

desmodave, Apr 23, 8:35am
As vetec says , drive some . If you like it buy it , some will already of had $$$ spent on suspension and bracing . Learn to like cornering i say , I drive a 350gts v36 Skyline and have an abundance corners and hills to travel through to get anywhere . It gets along pretty well but there is no way it can hide it's weight . Looks like there big hp gains to be had if you add forced induction . Drag it if you like going fast in a straight line . :-)

bazfan, Aug 18, 6:44am
What are your thoughts on the Skyline crossovers? I’m looking at buying one for a weekend car with a small family