Electric cars are not Trouble free . buyers guide

intrade, Nov 28, 7:11pm

hkjoe, Nov 28, 7:52pm
I can hear the result now.

msigg, Nov 28, 8:21pm
Yes you are correct poppy62, Elon Musk didn't get to be 2nd richest man in the world by watching video's He got his brain into gear and made it happen, unlike some who rant here.Good on him.

timbo69, Nov 28, 9:17pm
Why?, just plug in when you get home.

cjohnw, Nov 28, 9:51pm
Why dredge up a tired old thread from February unless there is some agenda?
Maybe diesel mechanics fear the looming threat from ev’s and discredit it any way they can.
Seems Trumpian.

intrade, Feb 10, 7:37pm
for Tesla.
electric drive unit replacing at 12.30 minutes plus a ton of other things to go wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXqS9-smSe8

kcf, Feb 10, 8:05pm
Nothing with moving parts is a guarantee of trouble free.

Shouldn't be any major surprise to anyone.

garmisch1, Feb 10, 8:08pm
I wish my bowels would move

kcf, Feb 10, 8:13pm
That could be a case of a non moving part, also giving considering trouble!

Eat a packet of dried figs.

skull, Feb 10, 9:14pm
Drink a gallon of Metamucil in warm water, that'll sort ya.

gph1961, Feb 10, 9:23pm
DB double brown

mimik3, Feb 10, 10:30pm
They still make it?

harm_less, Feb 11, 9:22am
So older Model S have particular issues which have now been resolved. Not unusual for early generations of many vehicle models.

intrade, Feb 11, 9:58am
did you look at the video and do you know why the drivetrain fail. its not solfable i looked at it the only way is to pull the drivetrain and replace the bearings every 40,000km The reason its fixed if it has a 1 year newer motor means its a new one who will last another 40,000km again.
And here is what the problem is and why it cant be solfed well it could be prolonged if you detuned the tesla and lowerd its torque down to 90 newten meter like a 1986 for fiesta diesel.
The problem is the massive torque on a direct driven motor drive is not sustainable for ever.
This is why darkside development said they rev the vag diesel and tuned it to higher rpm and deal with the extra heat that creates , Rather then have broken transmissions. Yes vag diesel have destroyed transmissions the tuned mk3 tdi Race golf nuked a few trans while volkswagen raced it. consequently they now run a rugged 6 speed that came from the vr6 and was moded for extra torque. But it too will be taken A-part if you apply massive torque like a tesla p100D produces .
you cant make physical problems go away with a magic wand or some Bs story. like electric jesus is preching.

harm_less, Feb 11, 10:15am
In the video (at 13:50) they state that Models 3 from AP 2.0 have resolved earlier issues. Pretty standard for improved generations of many vehicle models.

poppy62, Feb 11, 10:21am
You seem to have an agenda with Elon Musk. is he a wicked Step brother of yours? Of the 1000s of Tesla’s that have been sold, there has to be the odd one in so many to have a problem. This is the norm in then motoring world, especially when some of the vehicles are hammered by their owners.

intrade, Feb 11, 10:29am
i have no problem with tesla i would get one if it was cheap enough and fix it with the kitchen knive lol.
the fact is there is a video i posted from the same uploader who interviewed a hippy who was on his 3th or 4th drive unit. the problem of exessive torque can not be solfed easy i posted exactly why above.
that hippy was definatly not abusing his tesla . and it lasted 40.000km each time , so to mitegate it is to pull the drive unit and change bearings be about a 6h job total from what i got from the info car-guru- aka richard-rebuilds showed.

intrade, Feb 11, 10:34am
maybe they done some changes to the unit but bearing destruction wont be solfed . there is no new magic bearings .
the issue is that the bearings make noise. then they have play and make more noise . then the drive unit who is splined X in to a reciver on the other end woobles and wollowers out the spline. So if you dont replace the bearings when they make noise or before , Then your going to need a whole new drive unit as the damage spline is impossible to repair.
I also looked at how you could improof it. You cant there is no room unless you complete redesign the whole thing. and then torque is still going to kill things. over the air de-tune down to 50hp lol .
safety improvement . from the lord and savior

3tomany, Feb 11, 1:32pm

intrade, Feb 19, 9:40am

intrade, Feb 19, 11:22am
basically the more onehanglow electronics assist humand riders the more retarded the human gets. All this bs the government makes law does not save you it makes you just more of a moron that you dont need to use the brain. use it or lose it= more and more brain dead morons on our roads.

elect70, Oct 17, 4:06pm
Pity they dont all use the same battery setup then it could be drive in replace batteries drive out .