Signs that someone doesn't want to buy your car?

Page 2 / 2
mechnificent, Jan 5, 1:07pm
Oh yeah definitely self-employed.

kazbanz, Jan 5, 3:16pm
"The guy swapped his 2006 Merc for my 1992 Ford lazer cos he said he wanted old scool" -Now the merc don't go

franc123, Jan 5, 4:31pm
What's even funnier is that those types dont have the money or know how to fix old school neither. Saw a beauty today, 1991 Terrano for sale, trans is on the way out and slipping, easy fix for someone who knows how. It's like no it bloody isn't, it's a friggen awful job even on a hoist.

tgray, Jan 5, 5:55pm
Is the broken merc worth more than $1500 though?
If so, you still won on the swap.

marte, Jan 5, 6:05pm
Yeah, never let anybody 'go for a test drive' in it without you being in it.
Comes back with the aroma of ' eau de rubber'
"oh I think it's got a blown head gasket" from where they put water in the oil.
Petrol station drive off while it's still under your name.
Gets used to make a days worth of pizza deliverys or P deals, then returned, empty.
Or the keys copied. Or parts switched over.

Though I did buy a engine seized Alfa 33 that had happened on a buyer's test drive, found out later that the oil sensor, which is on the dipstick tube, had become disconnected thru a broken wire & it wasn't indicating the low oil at all.
So, peice of mind in case anything happens.

curlcrown, Jan 7, 9:13am
No WOF but will easily get one. $3000 without the WOF of $4000 with the WOF.

kazbanz, Jan 7, 9:26am
If its such an easy fix then why haven't you fixed it?

gpg58, Jan 7, 9:47am
Thinking of selling my 2013 navara(rx dc 4wd - only done 68k), Cockrams were supposed to come and price it yesterday, got a txt to say sorry could not make it out in the morning as we said, but will be later in afternoon. Sure enough no show again, and no further messages.

Another one i have had for a vehicle was, i am really keen, do not advertise it (a neighbour), i will go to bank on monday, and definitely be back to buy. as you can guess, was a no show too. (ie - never believe a deal is done, unless a good size "non refundable" deposit is given).

richynuts, Jan 7, 11:00am
Yeah. I have a mate who has a collection of cars and bikes. he always goes on about. "oh I had some guy offer me 10k 15k etc etc". means absolutely nothing unless a deal is done. Putting 'money where ones mouth is' is actually quite rare.

curlcrown, Jan 7, 3:23pm
I did get a surprise a few weeks ago when some one asked me how long have you had it and does it have service history. I told him I had it for four days and there was no service history and he bought it a few hours later. WIth face book they don't always see if you are a dealr or not at first. I'm a big beliver that you can't say the wrong thing to the right person and you can't say the right thing to the wrong person.

gpg58, Jan 7, 5:24pm
There service dept certainly was, signing off on work that was not done, back when i bought it.
However New Sales buying it were fine, and parts are always fine to deal with.

Never had issues with mine, and know a mechanic that works on them, drives one himself with 270k on it. i think like anything if you service it well, it will last. But sure a few folk get friday built ones.

When i was looking at them, it was the Spanish built that was taking most of the flak, and i was advised to get a Thailand one(dealer rep at a farm hillside test drive event).
I knew about the chassis issues(needing more elaborate 3 ton tow bar) which was how the conversation started, but he said engines were not as strong as well. Was advised to go for auto as well, to avoid the dual mass clutch. Unsure if timing chains are an issue for both or which, (mines still quiet as).

sw20, Jan 12, 4:29pm
Ilam and Miles are owned by the same parent company Mals.

gpg58, Jan 12, 8:38pm
Found a couple of items i saved on the Spain issue,
https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/02/glad-nissan-frontier-wasnt-built-spain/ https://www.news.com.au/national/nissan-recalls-navaras-from-d40-series-over-cracks/news-story/f52d30d996db885bd5ce0b83607e1763

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2791663/nissan-navara-safety-fears/ ----------------- Interesting re kw ratings varying for same basic engine. For my 2013 model year the autos got a few more kw's over the manuals in the RX and has a DPF, auto got 126kw/403nm same as st and stx(in either manual or auto), versus the manual Rx at only 106kw/ 356nm). Above those was the 450 - different turbo as i recall(140/450) plus the v6 170kw 550nm.
https://www.carsguide.com.au/nissan/navara/price/2013

trogedon, Sep 28, 5:01pm
The last car I sold a young woman (entitled?)looked at it briefly and wanted the lowest I'd go (was $1750 ono). I said $1600 (after trying to get a lowball offer out of her). She said ok and arranged a time to come back with the $. Came back too early(grrr. ) and handed me $1300. I said no and that we agreed on $1600. She said only worth $1300 and I showed her to the gate. She said we'd never get $1600 for it. Got $1600 the next week. Nasty little b$%#h ;-(