Car dip stick will not go into the hole.

Page 2 / 2
intrade, Sep 26, 12:35pm
now back to the dipstick i think it may have broken off in there if it is a plastic one like most new garbage on cars. That would explain how you cant get another one in there.

martin11, Sep 26, 12:42pm
I am lucky I do not have a problem with the engine dipstick in my car , it does not have one .

toenail, Sep 26, 1:14pm
wrong hole.

kazbanz, Sep 26, 1:53pm
The phrase --lest people think your tale untrue. Comes to mind re the OP (original post )

sr2, Sep 26, 5:17pm
I was going to lower the tone of the conversation (it is after all Saturday night) by suggesting it would have gone in it if it had hair 'round it but then you came along and stole my thunder. !

wind.turbine, Sep 27, 9:39am
tried a bit of lube?

car__parts, Sep 27, 12:48pm
Put some hair around it.

lakeview3, Sep 27, 1:09pm
I want to believe that but then I saw a post on Instagram of a person in isolation who had just travelled from Italy and were coming here to travel around the country (with her New Zealand husband) and 2 children. I am left wondering who is picking up the cost for these people because despite the fact that he’s a New Zealander, it appears they are here for sightseeing.

lakeview3, Sep 27, 1:10pm
Maybe the dipstick belongs to another car?

paul861, Sep 27, 1:41pm
most cars have the dipstick behind the steering wheel

toenail, Sep 27, 9:34pm
you can double dip, most don't mind.

kazbanz, Sep 28, 9:58am
THAT and other idiotic border decisions is why our border protection failed.

gazzat22, Sep 28, 10:39am
Unfortunately you cant hold people against their will or even Detain them unlawfully and I doubt this virus and its implications has ever been seen before.Maybe we should do what the US did after Pearl Harbour and move all citizens of Japanese Ethnicity into camps in remote locations with armed guards.We could do something similar here. Our border protection has worked remarkably well in picking up those infected before they got into the general public.unfortunately a few selfish self centred people have decided they are more important than everybody else. but the percentage of those who have escaped/absconded is tiny compared with those who have been in isolation.How would you have handled the situation.?

kazbanz, Sep 28, 10:53am
lets agree to disagree on this one mate :-) feedback from customers on the front line is that its been totally luck not management.

alowishes, Sep 28, 11:06am
And somewhere a person still has a problem with an ill fitting dipstick.

gazzat22, Sep 28, 11:11am
Kaz.The luck part is possibly that most people are reasonably law abiding and responsible but there are always a few.I,Ve seen reports in Victoria where people are locked in their room and meals handed in and the door locked again.At least we havent been like that. Maybe we should have been.!

gazzat22, Sep 28, 11:12am
Yeah sorry got a bit sidetracked.

toyboy3, Sep 28, 11:14am
That is normally the uptight nut behind the wheel

intrade, Sep 28, 11:16am
some of them lean back quite a bit.

kazbanz, Sep 28, 1:16pm
The solution is simple and fairly inexpensive as Im sure this "tourist" has discovered. Drop the sump. pull the busted off bit down through as no doubt its sitting against the bottom of the pan then button it up Refill with fresh oil/oil filter and grab the correct dipstick for the car from a wrecker.
IF its a car with a external dipstick "pipe" it might be easier to unbolt that and extract from the top. Either way not a major issue for most cars.
But ya know unless the car is a big oil burner the likelihood of it running out of oil is fairly remote and being a 2003 its entirely possible its running an oil level light

sr2, Sep 28, 5:41pm
Way. toooo. much information!

bill1451, Sep 29, 6:26pm
what happens when the razor breaks down, must be like 60 grit sandpaper on a shovel handle, lol

sr2, Nov 13, 1:49am
LOL.
Just the mental image of the type of "lady" (I used that term loosely) that would fancy our mal has what little hair I have left standing on its end!