2005 Honda CRv

proracer, Jun 17, 9:24pm
Are they a Good reliable Car, Looking at boying just want some good old advice 168,000 km, 2.4l

morrisjvan, Jun 17, 10:03pm
Mrs morrisjvan has a 2004 , had it for about 9 years now , done about 200 km so far, minimal repairs required during that time.

bigfatmat1, Jun 17, 10:38pm
Good cars just make sure there is no rear diff shudder. Starters wear out 160-180km on the k24 but they are very cheap new.

tamarillo, Jun 18, 7:54am
Yes reliable, but like any thing depends on servicing and care, So make sure it’s all up to date as on anything the little things can add up after time of neglect. capable of many more miles

msigg, Jun 18, 8:57am
Yes they will do 250k easy if serviced. Diff shudder is not a problem, means u need to change your oil .honda have the correct stuff.

intrade, Jun 18, 11:00am
ok main big problem i have with any honda is the special honda only fluids that you must have and use if you want it to not go nuclear.
Plus a V6 engine any of them are bad no matter what make i have not seen a single good one= one that dont needs a lot of expensive component replacment before it gets nuked . like swirlflap bodys on mercedes for example They are used for lowdown torque and there is no magic wand to not have good power range and pass emissions without all the lego like plastic garbage and on a V engine thats parts for 2 engines not just 1 each side of the V is a engine. its why inline 6 are so much better over a v6
you cant not buy the honda fluid compatible means it does not meet hondas specified specs. the trans fluids cost a fortune something like 125 $ a liter last time i looked.
and i guarantee you you will have problems and destruction if its not 100% hondas fluid.

proracer, Jun 18, 11:02am
2.4 litre

tamarillo, Jun 18, 11:59am
Poppycock mate, had no trouble getting fluids when I ran a Company Accord - which like CRV is a 4 cylinder with conventional Auto not CVT or V6.

intrade, Jun 18, 12:11pm
yea same as the people who have no problem puting plain water or coolant that is red and is Gm dexcool in to vag and say they had no problems sold it to the next guy who comes here posting what crap vag cars are because it blew up on him.

intrade, Jun 18, 12:26pm
if the trans is a aisin then its toyota fluids toyota new ones also need special fluid i have 3 different trans fluids in my shop of ATF. and i wont be getting honda fluids as all the fluids i seen do not meet the code honda demands They are compatible= it does voide any warranty and is not correct.
it took me 2 years to find out who has a aftermarket coolant that meets the vag G13 coolant standard not just fakes it with the word compatible.
if i put tapwater in your cooling system then thats also compatible it dont meets the spec but its compatible i can also pi$$ in there and thats compatible also. i never said it meets the factory spec and you cant sue no one because its compatible by my standard my rules not the specified rules the car maker stipulated.
Thats how deceptive the word compatible is.
crv likely just a rebadged rav4 toyota. ?

kazbanz, Jun 18, 2:11pm
Think 2005 Accord jacked upon stilts.
I'm really over simplifying but you get the picture.
A few issues with the factory radio/satnav setup in SOME examples but otherwise good cars.

andy61, Jun 18, 6:01pm
Not quite right, Think Honda Civic jacked upon Stilts , If the CRV was a jacked up Accord ,it would be the size of a Highlander.
I know because I traded an Accord for a CRV and the CRV is much smaller.

tamarillo, Jun 18, 8:47pm
No mate the Honda CR-V is no relation in anyway to the Toyota RAV4 and Honda make own gearboxes so not an Aisin to best of knowledge. Chill pill mate.

proracer, Jun 19, 9:55pm
away more reccommendatons

proracer, Jun 21, 9:24pm
looking good, if it checks out ok im pretyy sure i will buy, no damming issues in this forum.

proracer, Jun 25, 10:13pm
Pick it up Tomorrow, cant wait

mimik3, Jun 25, 10:25pm
Go for it, enjoy it. And let’s us know your thoughts

proracer, Jun 26, 10:53pm
is the Anyway to change Navorgation System to Enlish?

tamarillo, Jun 27, 7:57am
No. Enlish isn’t a Well knowN language So unlikely.

proracer, Jul 7, 8:18pm
Fuel light comes on in my 2005 Honda CR-V drive for say 30kms, Full up tank and only fitted 45 litres in. What story with that?

tamarillo, Jul 8, 6:54am
Faulty sender maybe.

mohaka, Jul 12, 5:56pm
Re Shuddering when turning my friends car does this,has very high kms,checked fluid levels OK is the diff knacked,read they have hydraulic pumps in them worn out maybe?