Mobile mechanic in Wellington?

kiwigrl2, Aug 14, 1:55am
Can anyone recommend a trustworthy registered mechanic in Wellington city that could do a pre-purchase inspection at a car dealership? I’m pretty keen on this particular car, but seen that AA and VTNZ are fully booked for pre-purchase inspections for a few weeks. Think I might lose the car to another buyer if I wait that long. Any recommendations on a mechanic who might be able to do it at short notice? (Assuming we’ll still be able to, if we move to level 3. )

intrade, Aug 14, 9:09am
ok AA and vtnz are not the place to get to.
Also there is no such thing as a registered mechanic.
Now What do you know about cars can you open the bonnet and do you know where the oil cap is on a engine. presuming your wanting one with a internal combustion engine.
Post what year make model car your interested is as there will be common faults due to what emission a car comply to
also tell exactly how much you do know with minimal skills i can tell you exactly what to look for as test is going to be a fail- or ok
if its passing them simple test thats what i usually tell people to get them cars inspected if they can. in your case you would= should cut the risk of a lemmon by 50% at least.

dlin9, Dec 6, 10:20pm
Can't help with an on site inspection but may be able to assist if you can make it out to Porirua. What sort of car are we talking?