Grrr house paint overspray on new car

Page 2 / 2
toenail, Mar 29, 9:37pm
Well then the risk is on the owner, if he for whatever reason damage the original paint work or top coat by 'doing it himself', then insurance is not going to cover it.

I wouldn't even touch it, take plenty of photos and go to the best body shop for insurance to have it taken care of.

bryshaw, Mar 30, 11:59am
The painter should have liability insurance and the car owner should have nothing to pay.

kavebunny, Apr 30, 3:44am
should have done it with thinners asap and or go ask their number

bill1451, May 17, 10:45pm
I would have thought thinners would be too agressive and eat through the clear coat and into the paint, and then the insurance certainly would not want a bar of it.

ronaldo8, May 17, 11:32pm
Nice way to get a matt surface with swirl marks and imbedded fibres

hkjoe, May 17, 11:43pm
Sounds like some Frank Spencer would do. (if you old enough)

nice_lady, May 18, 7:32am
Yeah what excess in this case? If the insurance company wanted execs that'd be the last day of business I did with them.

differentthings, May 18, 7:49am
Same thing happened to a friend of mine a couple of years ago. They were going to claim on their insurance but the painters paid to have it fixed. Cost about $2000 in the end as they had to replace the headlights

amasser, May 18, 10:33am
So right. Why are posters offering solutions when the painters are at fault? Might teach them to be more careful, if they get any more work.

lookoutas, May 18, 5:38pm
We have just done the job, and used a clay-bar.
It took it off the lights, windows, monsoons, everything.
We all had a go, as every time someone new had a look, they found some more that others had missed. Probably about 10 hours work, then it went to the painters for a cut'n'polish.
Why didn't they use the clay-bar you ask?
They're friggin painters, and can't be arsed!

gunhand, Aug 7, 11:51am
Can't be arsed? Naa, haven't got time for that as they are removing 36 grit scratches in the filler and what was a clean panel and generally smoothing out what was "suppose" to be a finished ready to paint job.