Nissan dual wheel drum removal

intrade, Mar 25, 5:35pm
well if you have a 300$ flashlight you could see if it separates from hub or not

toyboy3, Mar 25, 6:02pm
If it’s the same as the earlier model remove the rear axle half shaft , wheels undo the wheel bearing nut remove brake drum

poppy62, Mar 25, 7:20pm
I lit my candle and had a look. To me it looks like the drum is separate. My son (with better eye sight) says otherwise. Just thought that someon on here might have done a job on similar vehicle.

toyboy3, Mar 25, 7:33pm
Just check does it have left hand thread wheel nuts on the left side ?

poppy62, Mar 25, 7:55pm
No just standard r/h thread nuts/studs. Will remove half shaft and check out the hub assembly. Was hoping that it was just a case of sliding the drum off like my old Nissan ute, etc,.

toyboy3, Mar 26, 10:04am
After axle removal be careful not to damage the seal , if on smooth concrete one can just undo the bearing nut and slide the drum and wheels as a whole unit off but be careful not to damage the inner seal or you will have diff oil on the brake linings

redhead18, Mar 26, 11:32am
Meh does it have the ubiquitous 2 threaded holes (8x1.25 metric) to" jack er off" with 2 bolts?

poppy62, Mar 26, 3:20pm
No! was hoping that someone on here had done one of these and could advise whether drum was separate to hub. Off to pull it apart now.

gunna-1, Mar 26, 3:49pm
It will be a sticky mess in there with break fluid, get some break clean and try and get some in there somehow, i sometime give it a yank with the claw hammer, or a gentle bash useing the claw sometimes works, fixing this can be an awefull mess, make sure the little screw is out of the hub, if it has one of these in there i would say it would be.

poppy62, Aug 29, 2:10pm
Thanks Toyboy3, you were correct in that the drum and hub are all in one and that the half shaft had to come out before undoing the hub nut. All out now just need to replace it all. Thanks to all for the comments.