Car recalls

Page 1 / 2
inkapuka, May 7, 6:24am
Have recently purchased a 2010 kia koup 2.0 auto and was wondering if the recalls that I have herd of from overseas would be relevant here. Is there a way to fid out if my car has had one done or is due to be looked at? Car has done 22k and love it but just hearing about the engine recalls makes me abut iffy 😂

bill-robinson, May 7, 6:32am
ask the dealer,get the real story

inkapuka, May 7, 6:32am
Ah ok

gusthe1, May 7, 9:38am
I think you might be looking for the recall page on the nzta website

gazzat22, May 7, 9:45am
Ring KIA NZ.

intrade, May 7, 10:08am
there could be a site that shows recall stuff . As you can not know if or not you can trust the work will be done or just the money collected. So you would need To trust the dealership you go to ask for looking it up and doing the work. Example ford ranger was told transmission need repairing for 7000 bux when it was EGR valve. This same dealer was showing to have done a door recall on this car. Well was that recall done or was it just money collected for recall and never done = like the gearbox repair scam they did try and pull

gpg58, May 7, 10:20am

gazzat22, May 7, 1:05pm
Grandaughter has a DE DEMIO.I rang Mazda NZ re AirBags,gave them the details,they checked and rang the local agent who contacted my granddaughter,made an appointment,Car was booked in and fixed N/C!

franc123, May 7, 1:18pm
Ring the service dept of your nearest Kia agency with your plate number and ask them if there is any outstanding recalls on your particular car, or if its convenient just take it into them and they will do the rest. Don't bother with Govt website information, they are simply not involved in any technical way with recalls, the issue is simply between current vehicle owners and the manufacturer.

intrade, May 7, 1:19pm
thats the bt 50 so its quite good that site
Recalled:
6 May 2019

Statement:
On certain vehicles, it may be possible for the locating tab inside the side door latches to break. This condition will typically prevent the door from latching correctly and in some situations, the door may unlatch while driving therefore increasing the risk of injury to the driver and passenger(s).

Instructions:

intrade, May 7, 1:22pm
That site shows what corner cutting trash was sold. my 2000 bora nor my 07 passat are no recalls because i dont buy pieces of crap.

dlin9, May 7, 6:32pm
Some might say both vehicles should have been recalled for being pieces of crap

intrade, May 7, 6:45pm
recalls are for faults not opinions

kazbanz, May 8, 9:50am
But what happened to the recall notices they sent out to her?

3tomany, May 8, 10:25am
Almost none of the safety recalls on kia/Hyundai that occur in America get done here as we do not have a NHTSA like they have in America that imposes massive penalties to manufacturers that ignore safety issues.

gazzat22, May 8, 10:32am
Probably went to the Dealer she bought the car from.Did they send out recall notices KAZ.?I dont know any one who got one and in my extended family there are a lot of imports.Who was responsible for sending them?I personally rang Mazda NZ re her and my wifes car.Wifes car was OK G/Ds was a yes and Mazda notified the local agent and from memory gave us a Number to quote. when making an appointment.

kazbanz, May 8, 5:21pm
Recall notices were sent repeatedly to the owner of record at the address of record. This is the official version told by Chris Faifoi

ronaldo8, May 8, 5:44pm
I'm sure your medal has just been held up in the post. it will arrive any day now, meanwhile continue with the continual self patting on the back.
Wouldn't want to miss any opportunity for self validation.

cjohnw, May 8, 7:12pm
Yes, but the rest of us are morons, right?
I was thinking it was closer to self gratification.

ronaldo8, May 8, 7:36pm
O absolutely, and especially those who don't recognise his worships so frequently touted superiority. Its a joke that just keeps giving, every chance it gets in fact. Self gratification, flagellation, congratulation and a generally amusing spectacle. Pays to enjoy the absurd ;)

franc123, May 8, 8:15pm
I doent care what u gys think nuthong wrog with my VW's I wont own no Mit$u$hitheep eva ur arggument got mor holes innit than swiss chess u moron. This not how it dun in Europ dis plase overun by thugs.

apollo11, May 8, 8:31pm
Lol. You forgot 'I told you so'.

intrade, May 9, 10:23am
umm no i just point out a fact that non of my cars have recalls. This has nothing to do with the fake news you just published .

intrade, May 9, 10:30am
Also if Franc123 don't wants to own no mitsubishi thats on him, I would love to own a manual 6 speed outlander 4wd with 4 cilinder unit injector like my 2 other cars have under the bonnet. or a jeep compass

gazzat22, May 9, 10:30am
Unless it was personally done by Faifoi i find that very hard to believe.The car was registered in my son in laws name and his address hasnt changed .Bit like some faceless person in the MOH assuring the Minister all Border staff had been tested for Covid19.!