1997 Odyssey – Tow Bar

missmarton, Jul 25, 8:49pm
1997 Odyssey – Tow Bar

Will the tow bar in Listing #: 2715129705 from a 2005 Odyssey fit a 1997 Odyssey? car jam https://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=DGU127 for my car details.

The tow bar is for sale just down the road from me so it would be convenient if it does. I’m struggling to lift my walking frame in and out of the car so am thinking of a bike rack style fitting on a tow bar.

And how can I safely have lichen removed from that car? I have inherited it and it was / still is an outside car and was parked on a lichen covered driveway much to my dismay. I am disabled and not able to do much of anything physical nor do I have access to a water blaster, either petrol or electrical. I have taken it through a car wash machine twice in another town but if it removed any lichen, I can’t see from where.

If I were Stirling Moss, I’d not bother about the lichen but I’m not.

Thanks in advance for any help.

andy61, Jul 25, 10:28pm
The towbar will fit, as for lichen, I have used a very weak solution of bleach and water , sprayed it on then rubbed off with a bucket of soapy water and rag, the lichen has never come back.

intrade, Jul 26, 8:34am
97 Asian car will definitely not need a computer for trailer wiring. So if it bolts up it be easy to do.

kazbanz, Jul 26, 12:29pm
Sorry but NO the towbar from a 2005 odyssey will not fit a 1997
2005 is a RB series and yours is a RA series. Any RA series Odyssey the towbar will fit
In 2003/2004 the odyssey TOTALLY changed from the original 1995-2002 model. -the only thing retained was the name
Ok i'll rephrase-ANYTHING could be made to fit but it isn't a straight bolt on job.

missmarton, Jul 26, 3:03pm
Thanks for saving me money I could ill afford to waste, kazbanz. That would have upset me far more than the lichen does.

As to that, I'll wait until the local high school has a 'hire a student day' and tackle the problem that way, thanks Andy.

intrade, Jul 26, 3:58pm
safely have lichen removed from that car
use 30 secound outdoor cleaner wait 5 minutes then wash it down. then wash wax and polish with mguires or mothers .
basically spray 4 liter of the stuff everywhere on car wait 5 minutes and then drive it thru carwash full programmm

kazbanz, Jul 26, 4:09pm
depends on where the lichen is--if in window tracks ets the eazy way is a water blaster.or even a pressure washer.

intrade, Jul 26, 4:12pm
https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/30-seconds-spray-walk-away-lichen-moss-algae-killer-concentrate-2l/R1246719.html?gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1268368&ds_rl=1268368&gclid=CjwKCAjwsO_4BRBBEiwAyagRTTMi0eo0o-2x18njQxmpFTJInJagWu9AprF9V0b6zCUtZcwwX7PhURoCkukQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

spray and walk away no spray and drive thru carwash. Trust me i know it works i used it on any car i own to date.
Dont use bleach or other crap bleach is not the same.
i have a 100° water blaster there is good reason why i use that because the blaster just wont remove it on its own.

id get the water hose spray on and do it at home then drive to carwash and get it wash and waxed there full programm

intrade, Dec 17, 7:04am
exit mould is another good one but non bleach spray and walk away works top.