Buying a car today with my partner

Page 1 / 2
inkapuka, Jun 16, 7:05am
Have 8k going to chch and are looking at a 1.5cvt mazda demio 2009 a couple 2008-9 Honda civics hybrids and a 2011 cvt swift or a 2008 1.8 Toyota auris.

She really wants the try the Hondas first to see what they are like but I'm leaning towards the demio or the corolla and swift. are the Honda hybrids that reliable and can any mechanic service them?

She is going from a 94 Honda accord lxi so anything Wil be an upgrade as the old Honda has done its dash and Wil be sent to the wreckers once it runs out of petrol 😂 (blown head)

buyit59, Jun 16, 7:33am
Would like to know more about where/what your driving before I say anything about a hybrid .
Go to Value Cars @ 32 Moorhouse Ave . they are good guys to chat to !

inkapuka, Jun 16, 7:44am
Live in waimate and it Wil be mostly for around town and to timaru or Oamaru on weekends or road trips as my kia koup isn't the most comfortable csr on road trips 😂

gblack, Jun 16, 7:46am
For Hybrids or reduced fuel consumption, think you have to start with Toyota. Surprised Honda Fit is not on the short list as well as Toyota Fielder or Aqua

nice_lady, Jun 16, 8:04am
Demio are the most stolen car in nz by a fair margin.

intrade, Jun 16, 8:10am
8k is not a lot of money to find good stuff . considering the value of cars doubled and the 600 bux boms where 2000 so now boms are 4 grand fresh reliable imports was 7 grand are now 10 to 11 grand 20 years old.
Just had another client call me for advice. Why is it everyone thinks they are going to buy a cheap car run it for 50,000km then sell it just before its blowing up and buy the next cheap one. Dont they realise that is not only them doing this but everyone, So you just buy someone else neglected pile of trash. in reality. Anyhow, i let them do what they want to do. They find out what repairs cost soon enough on a neglected heap.

intrade, Jun 16, 8:18am
there is no reliable modern car no more its why we got a dacia sandero with only 1 ecu and nothing else but government rules make it law to have all the failing budget engeneered just to last the warranty cars. with mandetory stability control and all the other trash that is law= Why you would pay 11 grand for a 20 year old fresh low milage import. watch this it explains all about why cars are non reliable now All of them.
https://youtu.be/SeMZGICNSMg
about the reason why cars are unreliable now he is 90% correct Diesel was not sold to people in Europe it was all cars Diesel was purchased on mass because of massive savings at pumps with 1000km a tank on diesel back in the days. is whats definitely wrong but has nothing to do with quality of whats good now.

inkapuka, Jun 16, 8:50am
Thanks in lntrade but we only have 8k it Wil kept as long as it cost more than it's worth to fix hence the accord is worth 500max and Wil cost 1500ish to fix so makes no sence to fix same as my kia koup it's just hit 25k and I'll keep it as long as I can hence why I brought it with low kms., I myself have had shit luck with cars so got something newer and worth a bit more this is her 2nd car ever so it Wil be fine and looked after

amasser, Jun 16, 10:00am
Why? Who would want one?

saxman99, Jun 16, 10:44am
They are easy to steal and so offer easy transport. Also there is a "game" the teens are playing at the moment called "steal a Mazda and post the video online" to gain "likes" from other like-minded ***********s.

drsr, Jun 16, 11:29am
That was the old model prior to 2008 which had a back window that was easy to break into. The last "most stolen" list I saw had the Hilux at the top, probably more so now that their values are going through the roof.

nice_lady, Jun 16, 11:43am
It's a fact.
The boy racers seem to like them apparently they're very easy to grab

ETA: well they did hold that place but they're no longer the most stolen the Hilux seems to be. Anyway, doubt I'd buy a demio.

tygertung, Jun 16, 12:12pm
Maybe because they are ubiquitous?

gazzat22, Jun 16, 12:46pm
The latest figures show Honda followed my Mazda Familias the older model Demios which are broken into by the small window in the rear doors Canterbury is apparently the top of the list for stolen cars,I do say apparently but i,m sure some Cantabrians will refute that. !

drog, Jun 16, 5:50pm
Take a 2009 (or later) Demio for a drive, you might be surprised. World car of the year in 2009. Cheers.

aoc1, Jun 16, 9:17pm
I would go Swift myself.

sr2, Jun 16, 9:32pm
Couldn't agree more mate, I've put a few family members in them with great results. Everyone loves driving them.

inkapuka, Jun 16, 9:54pm
Ended up getting a 2013 toyota aqua for 8k Mrs is happy as with it the Honda was horrible and didn't bother with the demio swift boot was pathetic and yeah looked at a few others but went with the hybrid Toyota

kazbanz, Jun 17, 1:08am
please get your facts right before posting . The specific Demio stolen is the 02-07 shape NOT the 07 and newer. They are a totally different vehicle and are not the same risk . They are stolen because without an alarm you can steal one in about 5 seconds . WITH an alarm they are like any other car

kazbanz, Jun 17, 1:11am
good call . Aqua is basically a hybrid Vitz. Just a heads up common error is not knowing the car is going and trying over and over to start it. Just give the throttle a little tap if you aren’t sure

stevo2, Jun 17, 5:47am
2013 Aqua for $8k is good buying unless it's done a zillion km. Well done.

inkapuka, Jun 17, 7:03am
Sweet yeah is hard to tell when it its on 😂 and drive it 230kms back home last night no problems at all its a quick wee car 😂 pulls away from me on passing lane 😂

inkapuka, Jun 17, 7:26am
Oh the aqua has just over 100k so yeah not to shabby and came with 1year warranty aswell got it from toys on wheels in Christchurch bloody good guy in there

nice_lady, Jun 17, 7:45am
So, they were indeed at the top of the most stolen list. That's changed now but I didn't get any 'facts wrong'.

tygertung, Jun 17, 8:05am
How can one steal one in 5 seconds?