Car for wife

Page 1 / 2
xs1100, Mar 1, 6:41pm
wants SUV under 15k maybe a bit more, japanese,
i want nz new
looking rav, mazda no CVT
recommendations please

intrade, Mar 1, 6:52pm
haval or dacia duster. all new stuff is as good or bad as the rest now.

xs1100, Mar 1, 6:53pm
petrol, under 130ks. she does 100ks per day

intrade, Mar 1, 6:57pm
almost all new stuff is cvt now if its cheap.
no one needs a suv in reality they all fall over if the stability control can no longer mask the dangerous driving.

intrade, Mar 1, 7:06pm
can you post why a suv? because your not going to see on top of all other suv. unless you get a ram or something. as this is usually why they want a suv . expensive tyres no advantage unless you have to drive potholes gravel all day

skiff1, Mar 1, 7:32pm
Sounds like it could be a deal. How many miles has the wife done, and has she been serviced by a professional? Assuming she’s reasonably well cared for and not too scratched, a 15k SUV should be a fair swap.

bazfan, Mar 1, 7:32pm
Under $15k non CVT would be mostly 4 speed autos, not that nice to drive and getting on a bit

2010-2013 Subaru Forester
2008-14 Toyota Rav 4
2007-2011 Honda CR-V which is a 6 speed auto

xs1100, Mar 1, 8:02pm
cheers Bazfan looked at the rav and never been a honda fan BUT

tamarillo, Mar 1, 8:15pm
Personally Honda CR-V is best of the lot. Had a 2.4 no new crv for a while but really it was no way near as good a car as the accord wagon I’d had prior with same mechanics.
But if it has to be suv try a 2.4 crv. Be careful as import 2 litre ones may be cvt.

carstauranga001, Mar 1, 8:37pm
You have a wife? !

smallwoods, Mar 1, 9:37pm
You want to swap a wife for a car?

Good deal!

vtecintegra, Mar 2, 7:49am
Pretty sure that gen CR-V is the same five speed auto you'd get in a four cylinder Accord.

kazbanz, Mar 2, 7:56am
Honestly mate I'm struggling to recommend an SUV for someone doing 100 km/day --36000km a year.
Especially with the budget restriction CVT and jap imports being ruled out.
For that money something Like a 2014-2018 Sylphy would be my call.

msigg, Mar 2, 12:21pm
You could look a hrv. Or chr but proba ly out of your price range, my wife has a 2010 rav4 which she loves to drive, she has had it for 5 years, very reliable,but hey each to their own.

lythande1, Mar 2, 12:23pm
I bought a Toyota Rush. Rav-like but not 4WD which I didn't want.

oh_hunnihunni, Mar 2, 12:37pm
I'm just hoping an suv is what the wife really wants.

And doesn't have secret dreams of a Jag.

trogedon, Mar 2, 3:39pm
Jaguar make an SUV - sadly.

saki, Mar 2, 4:31pm
2010 Hyundai IX35 or a tuscon, 2 litre TC diesel, 6.4 L/100Km

tgray, Mar 2, 4:56pm
Just remember, with women the two most important things are it's colour and it's smell.

bryshaw, Mar 2, 5:04pm
Honda Jazz runs very cheap and would be an ideal and reliable car. Just have your annual servicing and you will be sweet. Being my wife's car she was happy with a manual and it even has cruise control.

bryshaw, Mar 2, 5:14pm
My Civic is a true auto and having driven a Toyota with CVT I still prefer a conventional gear box.

gusthe1, Mar 2, 5:29pm
They are the 2 reasons she married me

kittylittle, Mar 2, 6:59pm
what does she want to do with it? carry how many kids, the horse float . . .

sr2, Mar 2, 8:00pm
LOL!
The type of gal that kickstarts her Harley and rolls her own tampons?

nzmarty1, Mar 2, 9:23pm
further to above - I drive a Corolla diesel 09 6sp manual. RUC is the killer. It's about $4/day more than running a petrol one.