Car for wife

Page 2 / 2
serf407, Mar 3, 12:04am
Lexus RX350 nz new could be around $19K or so while a Japanese import Toyota Harrier with allegedly the same around 100K km can be around $15K.
Free rice, squid rings & sushi takeaway lingering odours in the JDM.
Both should have 2GR-fe 6 cylinder engine.to take on the pressure wave of on-coming big trucks/ trailers on Waikato rural roads.

s_nz, Mar 3, 12:31am
I have a 2006 Lexus RX XU30 (Rx400h). Lexus changed to a new shape (AL10) in 2008, but I think the XU30 shape kept being sold as a harrier untill 2012.

I haven't driven the non hybrid, but I love the RX400h. Soft comfy suspension, and a 200kW power-train make for quite a relaxed ride on the open road. Seats were the most comfortable of any car we sat in when we were shopping for it. Fuel economy was better than a 4 cylinder misti out lander of the same year, despite the Lexus being a lot more powerful and comfortable.

That said, I am not sure I would be picking that car (especially the non hybrid variant) to do 35,000km a year in. Rated at 11.2L/100km (on 95), and maintenance costs are as would be expected for a large 6 cylinder SUV.

poppy62, Mar 3, 9:47am
So! you had an old Grey Austin A40 Devon with mouldy smelling leather seats

poppy62, Mar 3, 9:52am
xs1100! have you asked your wife what she really wants? She told me she really wants a Mercedes GLA 250, but apparently no go, as you have Beer tastes with Champagne pockets!

xs1100, Mar 7, 3:55pm
hahaha yeh i know. must be something wrong with her

xs1100, Mar 7, 3:59pm
work hack more than anything and tow a poptop caravan, over summer sort of thing and occasionally tow the boat

xs1100, Mar 7, 4:29pm
cheers for that good lead, she actually has a Hyundai at the moment that has been absolutely abused and still goes well and wasnt even aware of these, good looking cars 6 spd auto nz new and diesels are the most economical, shes certainly not a racer so could be the perfect fit

s_nz, Mar 7, 8:22pm
How heavy is the boat (on trailer with fuel and loaded with the typical stuff)?

xs1100, Mar 8, 6:05pm
1200kg max, Mainly would be the poptop have a territory for towing the boat

figjam000, Mar 13, 5:41pm
Just the heading is amusing, ie, do you want to swap a car for a wife, or vice versa.

ash4561, Mar 13, 10:32pm
Wants a wife for a $15000 car. Not sure what sort of wife he wants or what you can get for 15,000.

voyager4, Mar 16, 9:22am
Thought I might go electric for next car, but don't do enough mileage per trip to keep a hybrid happy, and e-motion - where the battery is recharged by driving - so expensive. Having said that, I remember as a child my bicycle head and tail lights were powered by the dynamo on the rear wheel.
Perhaps by the time I am ready, they will be cheaper and more available.
Peugeot, Audi, Lexus, Hyundai, Jaguar, etc

robertsons-nes, Sep 2, 2:18pm
2 actually!. First one came to her sense's hahaha

Joking petal