Dropkick drivers

serf407, Oct 16, 5:52pm
Has anyone had anything like the motorway rammers happen to them?

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/428474/woman-rammed-repeatedly-on-motorway-shocked-by-police-response

I remember a silly driver in a van weaving down the middle of the centre line to prevent me passing the van.

poppy62, Oct 16, 6:19pm
Would like to hear the other side of the story.

tweake, Oct 16, 6:22pm
there was a local whose mo was to ram other peoples cars.
well known to local police, apparently one day he ran off to the cops complaining someone rammed him. cop just about fell off his chair laughing.

tweake, Oct 16, 6:24pm
number plate untraceable, its stolen, fake plates etc. most likely bunch of druggies bashing people for a bit of fun.

nesta129, Oct 16, 7:18pm
Not a motorway rammer but my former supervisor (was an old fella who drove really slow) used to commute to work along Puhinui and one day he got rammed off the road by a ute with a bullbar on it as they were going through a roundabout at 3am in the morning.Both vehicles would use the same route to work everyday so whenever he saw the ute in his rear vision mirror,he would pull over to give way.

kazbanz, Oct 16, 7:31pm
yep so would l

m16d, Oct 16, 7:40pm
Sounds like she brake tested them 4 times, they passed on the left then she chased them.

marte, Oct 17, 12:46am
Yep, happened to me once.
Some white bristle moustache old guy in a red sports cars decided that he wasn't happy with somebody ( me ) driving thru a traffic light controlled intersection in the left hand straight thru lane, while he was in the right hand turning lane, so he chased me across the intersection & rammed my vans right hand rear wheel with his car while straddling the centre line.

Funny enough, it did no damage to the tyre but wrecked the bonnet & guard corner of his nice car.

tygertung, Oct 17, 6:02am

alowishes, Oct 17, 9:26am
Likewise.

And what kind of seatbelt was she wearing that allowed her head to contact the steering wheel after she was ‘rammed’ from behind?

amasser, Oct 17, 9:55am
In the alleged circumstances and raining, would she have a good sight of the '4 huge men laughing'?

sw20, Oct 17, 1:43pm
I feel there are two sides to this story. The damage IMO is inconsistent from being rammed by a ute at speed multiple times.

I'd hazard a guess she was policing their speed or simply being in her own little world and when she saw them tailgating she decided to brake check them. The ute driver for whatever reason decided she could suck eggs.

cessna3, Oct 17, 10:10pm
Surprised to see it's not a Ford Ranger, they like to tailgate.

nesta129, Oct 18, 1:00am
yup one rear ended a toyota caldina on SH1 today,caldina would be a write-off for sure.

sw20, Oct 18, 9:57am
I think that's more of a result of them being the number one selling vehicle. Lots of them on the road means lots more potential to house c u next Tuesdays.

electromic, Nov 5, 2:18pm
I am yet to see a ranger that doesn't tailgate. I had one last weekend that followed me for 40km. I pulled over at least 4 times, slowed down on every passing lane but they just stayed on my bumper. I lost them on the Kaimais when I buried the right foot.