Looking for a touring station wagon got my eye

toyboy3, Nov 23, 3:59pm
On a Toyota Mark X Zio , any other ideas, comfort and ride is important . I have found a 2007 2.4 , with 66000 km for just over $6000 drive away, I know it’s a bit long in the tooth and after next month it will be even older

meow_mix, Nov 23, 5:56pm
If you're looking in the 2007-ish bracket then I would recommend a Nissan Stagea, stylish and spacious the Stagea is fairly unique as it has a north-south V6 and rear wheel drive, some are AWD. However the smaller 2.5L and 3.0L have direct injection which may cause problems at that age, the larger 3.5L has conventional EFI and makes plenty of power so that is the one to go for, awesome touring wagons.

tamarillo, Nov 23, 6:51pm
For comfort and ride in touring wagon you cannot get better than Volvo v70. Best seats ever. Huge space, in built booster seats etc etc
Check space in front of Zio, in its brother the mark X it’s cramped.

intrade, Nov 23, 7:21pm
what engine and trans as it is already in the danger zone years. but rest looks good its a toyota= partmaster repco etc should have parts and if the usa have them then you can definetly get parts in the next 10 years.
for other ones recomended last thing to ever buy is a volvo . no parts and transmissions who are almost as bad as psa garbage . best to try and stay away from V6 if you can.

kazbanz, Nov 23, 9:07pm
l own one as a personal car. They go well . Handle ok - a bit on the soft side. The 6 seat version is usually cheaper because it doesn’t fold flat right through the back like the 7 seat version. As a station wagon it’s a really great vehicle

djrandomguy, Nov 23, 10:31pm
here he rambles again. after the awful 4 speed they made [ 1 transmisson ] the only other thing with PSA trans units to avoid is the robotised manuals. anything with the old school PSA 6 speed auto or the newer asian warner 6 or 8 speeds are mint.

intrade had his wittle feelings hurt buy a Citroen once and he can't seem to get past it

touring. get a diesel mate, ride the rail

racex, Nov 23, 11:25pm
2005 VZ Commodore & you wont go wrong

franc123, Nov 23, 11:37pm
LMAO, gotta love a comedian.

bumfacingdown, Nov 23, 11:59pm
Second the Stagea suggestion, cruises easily, hills not noticed, big capacity fuel tank, might make your eyes water a bit on fueling up from empty but a fair bit of road has disappeared.

kazbanz, Nov 24, 9:27am
Stagea is a decent car and darn nice to drive. For driving experience they eat the Zio. My negatives on them are fuel economy and passenger space for bigger people.

kazbanz, Oct 20, 11:48am
Toyboy--i'll be honest if you can own a 2007 zio with 66 k for $6000 I would be snapping it up. A quick search and about that price were about 140-160k on the clock and the low k stuff up around 9 k.
Our 08 with 48 I got a smidge under 10k for just a couple of weeks ago.
That said again-6 seat versions tend to be a bit cheaper.