2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee not running the fuel at a

rodholder, Mar 26, 7:07pm
2015 Grand Cherokee Diesel suddenly stopped. No warning or faults appeared on EVIC .Would turn over but not start.
Garage testing showed Crank sensor fault this has been replaced and checked but vehicle will still not start . Has been tested and tested by Jeep mechanics It has had the injectors removed and tested 100% ok. Engine monitor replaced still no Go will turn over but won't start and Jeep can get No fault code whatever to show . Anybody got an inkling? Been in the shop for 3months

franc123, Mar 26, 7:18pm
Finding someone to look at it that knows what they are doing I'd have thought. With such a fault the fundamental starting point is to check that the fuel delivery pump in the tank is operating and that the high pressure pump is supplying the rail with the correct amount of fuel pressure (one directly affects the other). The scan tool live data should give a clue if theres a problem there.

gph1961, Mar 26, 8:16pm
buy toyota

doglover2003, Oct 27, 4:03pm
1/4 of a tank, what would be the likely cause of this ?

Cheers

yz490, Oct 27, 4:24pm
Just a guess but my old Audi won't run it much below half a tank so in my case i suspect the sender in the tank. Maybe same with yours.

franc123, Oct 27, 4:48pm
Has it ever been used off road? Any chance the tank has been dented underneath?

tony9, Oct 27, 5:57pm
The Jeep Grand Cherokees (and likely other) guages do not reflect reality, they show what the control systems tell them to say. For example, you won't see the oil pressure fluctuating.

There are step sensors in the fuel tank and the control system sends an estimate of the level to the gauge.

The system may need a reset. Disconnect battery for 30 seconds. If that does not fix it, the tank sensor may need replacing.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/wacky-fuel-gauge-1318787/

doglover2003, Oct 27, 7:39pm
That you very much guys, much appreciated.
Great info Tony thank you.

doglover2003, Oct 27, 7:40pm
Not beien off-road just ski field roads.

framtech, Dec 25, 10:47pm
get your auto electrician to test / repair/replace the tank sender unit. may just need adjusting or the float may have a hole in it.