My daughter bid on a car Reserve not met Then

Page 2 / 2
kazbanz, Nov 23, 8:36am
Really? I would argue that with the law changes forced through a couple of years ago make any trade me "auctions" nul and void on that front.

3tomany, Nov 23, 11:00am
She should consider herself lucky to get out of the deal and refuse to pay a cent as shill bidding is illegal and the seller sounds like a con artist.

tygertung, Nov 23, 11:29am
Good idea, or even a 50cc scooter, or an electric bike, or even a pushbike! I used to pushbike 15 km to work and let my wife had the car when I was the one working. Now my wife is working and she bikes 5 km to work every day.

tony9, Nov 23, 11:33am
Certainly not. As long as the description is met, it is a done deal.

3tomany, Nov 23, 11:57am
The description at time of bid was ''reserve not met'' That can not then change without consult with the bidder.

sw20, Nov 23, 12:06pm
It's not a done deal. Until cash changes hands and registrations have been changed it's an ad on a website.

These are not house auctions governed by the REAA.

stevo2, Nov 23, 12:21pm
Now that you have asked for your 2 bids to be removed and the under bidder has also asked, that means there will be no bids again. Couple more times unsold and it might be a $7k reserve

kazbanz, Nov 23, 1:44pm
Nope -Trade me are NOT and never will be an auction house. They are simply an advertising media no more or less than the Harold or Farcebook
That is why tard me "auctions" are not exempt from the CGA etc. ie they are not "auctions".

tony9, Nov 23, 1:50pm
An ad on a website is an offer to sell, as described, clicking the Buy Now or bidding is a commitment to buy. Both actions are covered by the Contract and commercial law Act which replaces the Electronic Transactions Act.

tygertung, Nov 23, 4:54pm
Can't force someone to hand over the money.

Anyway, why not get a Lancer Wagon or a Corolla Wagon.

We've got a 1.8L Lancer wagon and it is fantastic for towing. Would be ideal for towing a poptop camper. Plenty of room inside and comfortable.

sw20, Nov 23, 5:25pm
Should be plenty of case law you can refer to then to show people being forced to complete TradeMe auctions then?

happs1, Nov 23, 9:54pm
He removed her bid so it didnt sell. s its now under the reserve .

happs1, Nov 23, 9:55pm
I forgot to say they will be towing a boat at some stage . Its around 14 foot .

morrisjvan, Nov 23, 10:51pm
So you want to pay for an inspection on a vehicle that you may not win an auction for ?!

djrandomguy, Nov 23, 11:10pm
AA inspection missed a leaking front shock and cracked top radiator tank for us. Thanks AA. you're great

marte, Nov 23, 11:13pm
Thank you for filling us in one the end result & I'm happy you have avoided a hairy situation. ( A stressful or unnerving situation.)

kazbanz, Nov 24, 10:30am
I go back to my first statement.--Theres better /lower km vehicles available--Like the Toyota Zio Toyboy was talking about,

tygertung, Nov 24, 11:13am
For a 14 foot boat, a moderately sized car would be ideal, such a Lancer, Corolla, or the Nissan or Honda equivalents.

lythande1, Nov 24, 2:54pm
If not a delaer then buyer beware. I would never do that, I would always inspect before any bidding at all.
Often sellers are happy to buy now offer when you do that anyway. If they are not walk away. No shortage of used cars around.
No-one can force you to buy anything.

tygertung, Nov 24, 4:35pm
I saw a Mazda Atenza wagon today, that would be ideal for your daughters purposes, although I usually drive Mitsubishi myself.

brouser3, Oct 20, 10:43am
No shortage of 'used cars' but just like houses - there is a definite shortage of quality items in the 'affordable' range. Personally with respect to cars, I think that dealers are sending a lot of older and higher milage vehicles that are still quite safe and functional to the scrap yard (not even the wreckers because that provides parts to those who will repair) to ensure they have a market for vehicles that they can demand a higher price for. After all, it has been said that the industry is based on a foundation of providing purchase finance, not on actual sales.