Suzuki Kizashi

noodleman4, Apr 29, 1:01pm
Listing number 2898527925

Not particularly the above listing but has anyone owned one of these cars and would care to share your thoughts good or bad ?

I see they are a CVT , i drove one yesterday and seemed ok to me so if its changing gear ok without shuddering or similar and the trans oil doesnt smell burnt all ok ? Regular trans servicing and should be all good ?(as well as normal servicing)

Will be looking for one around the 100-120,000km mark.

Not locked into just this car.
Car will be used mainly for an easy 20min commute and a few trips away for holidays.

Cheers

tamarillo, Apr 29, 3:40pm
Second hand they’ve been discussed here before and it seems the manuals are damn good the autos are thirsty.

kazbanz, Apr 29, 4:12pm
They seem to be a solid mid sized car Not tiny.
The engines seem to be bullet proof.
My only concern is with any CVT transmission vehicles that the 60000km TRANSMISSION service has been carried out.

peanuteater, Apr 29, 4:44pm
Have a manual one, i really like it, have had no issues other than cluth bracket mount (common issue). low head room if has sunroof fitted, handles well.wouldnt say they are fast, but very nice on longer drives.do the usual P.P. check and you should be fine.

peanuteater, Apr 29, 4:45pm
just to add, 13.1 KM litre long term avarage running.

gman35, Apr 29, 4:50pm
Have always liked the look of them. Something "Audi-ish and hewn-from-solid" in their design to me. Have never driven one but some in the industry seemed to think that being a bit smaller than say a Mazda 6 in size seemed a compromise to some buyers which kept sales low.

franc123, Apr 29, 5:06pm
Those exhaust tips are offensive.

peanuteater, Apr 29, 5:17pm
noodleman4, i see the one you are looking at has the reverse camera fitted, they either have that or the Rockford fosgate sterio, if you like sounds its a pretty good sound system

noodleman4, Apr 29, 5:43pm
Thanks all for the replies so far, tried the search function not much came up,
good to know about the 60km trans service interval, seems not to many around that are manual id be happy with one tho.

peanuteater, Apr 29, 6:33pm
Ltd model, has extras, its in Auckland, but still. https://www.trademe.co-
.nz/a/motors/cars/suzuki/listi-
ng/3072537176?bof=OFpLSeMJ

noodleman4, Apr 29, 7:53pm
Yes did just see that one looks ideal, im a bit wary of spending $ AND not being able to see it proper to look over. Dont know anyone up there to view for me.

noodleman4, May 8, 7:07pm
Small update , I bought the manual , got an AA check done for some peace of mind, have flown up to AK and I'm driving it back, car is in good nick with lots of service records, getting used to the 6spd it's a tad confusing at times but all good. One thing to note the clutch pedal box on these break . RHD models only mine has been replaced already.

peanuteater, May 8, 7:25pm
Good on you, yes the 6 speed is a close gearbox, takes a little bit to get used to, and re my earlier post,clutch bracket was done on mine just before 100ks also. no problems at all other than that.

noodleman4, Aug 10, 1:55pm
Filled up in Sanson and averaged 6.2 lt per 100 back to Rolleston and still have over half a tank left. Had an easy run thru with very little stop start which helped lots.

Overall happy with the buy.