Trailer

elect70, Mar 3, 6:50pm
whats max overhang allowed on a trailer . ive been trying for3 weeks to get a carrier to pickup a 5 m wide dismantled sectional garage door ive bought to take it 60 Kms to home . Only 1 out of 6 contacted even bothered tio reply & they wanted $1000 cant even interest ODs for cash . Thought of using a car trailer but means a metre plus hanging over the end . is that legal

intrade, Mar 3, 6:56pm
if somone you know drives behind it as much as you like without draging on ground with white flag on it you should be able to get it almost on fully as i transported my 5.9 meter mb140 on a car trailer with flag on rear wiper

jmma, Mar 3, 7:05pm
Your load can overhang the rear of the trailer by up to 4 meters (measure from the axle). Overhangs of 1 meter or more must be flagged. In daylight this means attaching a white or fluorescent red, orange or yellow flag that's at least 400 x 300mm in size.

rodeorunch, Mar 3, 7:18pm
A single axle trailer would be ok at 5 meters.
Flag on the end and away you go.

wind.turbine, Mar 3, 7:23pm
as above, need a flag, if at night you need a red light on it as well

bryalea, Mar 3, 7:42pm
We are in Levin and have truck that would have a longer deck than that. How wide is it? As long as it can be loaded I am sure the husband could do a round trip for way less than 1k.

nice_lady, Mar 3, 7:42pm
A metre overhang is nothing. It's fine. Just stick a rag on the end for safety.

redhead18, Mar 3, 8:48pm
K.I.S.S.
Solution=
Anyone ya know with a 16 foot or so boat?
Drop the boat on the lawn use the trailer-hell sectional=what 5 or more 500 mill or so sections?

Saves the ole Tail waggin the Dawg with ya standard 6x4 single axle

stevo2, Mar 3, 9:06pm
To be honest, a metre overhang doesnt even raise an eyebrow. https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/1499587204.jpg

s_nz, Mar 3, 9:58pm
As others have said:

Max rear overhang is 4m behind the axle, and if 1m or more behind the rear of the trailer, it needs a flag.

Basically every biggish outboard boat has the prop hanging more than 1m past the rear of the trailer.

As long as it dosn't look crazy you are unlikely to attract attention anyway.

Be aware that insufficient downweight on the towbar can lead to trailer sway at higher speeds. - Would want a trailer with the axle at least 3m from the hitch connection.

mrfxit, Mar 4, 9:24am
Been there done that.
Technicaly you need an oversize permit & a pilot vehicle in front.

Reality is if it is.
Well tied down
Suitable tow vehicle
Plenty of flags
Speed to suit keeping the load stable
Daylight
Light traffic conditions

Then you should be ok anyway

snork28, Mar 4, 10:04am

elect70, Mar 4, 10:42am
ok sent message

intrade, Mar 4, 1:34pm
60k =2h plus 30 min loading at 175 bux per h that is what i paid to shift containers with a hiab truck= about 450 bux. is ballpark what i would expect to pay.
NOW as pointed out and i used to think they do this only to forgeneirs but they dont . they rip you off big time if you got no quote on paper. like the guy delivering my watertank. THEY always claim uhh this is ultra difficult to do. not knowing that i got extensive knowhow if soething is difficult having worked hiabs feeding 9 meter long drill pipes for boors 3800 meter deep in the ground.
if somone states how difficult it is when i know its not my scammer alarm sets off in my head instantly.

elect70, Mar 4, 6:59pm
Some one must have read the thread s 2 quotes in the box today one about same $ as tandem trailer hire & gas to do trip .

intrade, Mar 4, 7:16pm
15 sounds good if its to cheap you can always pay a bit more so the work for you again, its what i usually do.

mrcat1, Mar 4, 8:51pm
Its 4 meters from the centre of a single axle trailer, 4 meters equal distance in between a set of duals, and on a tri axle it would be from the centre of the centre axle to the furthest back part of the load.

tygertung, Mar 5, 8:13am
A metre overhang is normal. When I have my sailing boat on the trailer it sticks out the back several metres. I have a flag on the end of the mast.

elect70, Mar 5, 7:04pm
Dirty buggers at Freight Plus LTD changed the amount after accepting the quote from $175 to
$575 . Inever actually contacted this crowd Isent E mail to Main fFreight so F them im going to get tandem trailer & do it myself none of others replied . Christ getting anything done these days is like pulling teeth .

intrade, Sep 6, 7:45am
yea thats nothing new its all like this in this country i pointed it out many times and got told if i dont like it here i can leaf the country.