1996 Honda CRV Advise on buying please

us2, Apr 29, 10:13am
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if any advise on buying a 96 Honda CRV
I have a link to the one i was looking at.
I have had a knee operation and find it hard getting in and out of a
Sedan, so thought something abit higher would be good.
I thank you for your advise in advance

us2, Apr 29, 10:14am

vtecintegra, Apr 29, 10:47am
Seems rather expensive for an import of that age and mileage - I'd shop around more.

mugenb20b, Apr 29, 7:28pm
Honda CRV is a good all round soft roader, some are 2WD, but most are 4WD. B20B engine is fantastic as long as it's serviced and not overheated. Also, check its cambelt history, don't let it break. They are very easy to get in and out of, but so are many other cars (Honda Odyssey, Hyundai Matrix / Lavita, Subaru Forester, etc.)

The only weak spots on the CRV are transmissions (so keep them serviced too), distributor (easy fix), rear trailing arm bushes (only need doing once in their lifetime, easy to replace) and rear diff sometimes. Most looked after CRVs will go for a long time giving no trouble.

kazbanz, Apr 29, 8:51pm
Hi us2-I agree withhim ^^^^
The only weak spots on the CRV are transmissions (so keep them serviced too), distributor (easy fix), rear trailing arm bushes (only need doing once in their lifetime, easy to replace) and rear diff sometimes. Most looked after CRVs will go for a long time giving no trouble.
Also look VERY carefully around the rubber strips on the roof for rust blowouts. Especially at the front 150mm -Its become common for them to be rusty there.
All that said --if your ONLY reason for concidering a CRV is to get a decent seat height then in all honesty I would not recommend a CRV.
Off the top of my head for similar money there is
Toyota funcargo,Toyota platz,Nissan march and toyota Opa
There are going to be a swag of others but those were post year 2000 vehicles with much higher than "normal" seats that leapt into my head.