Help please - Honda Intake Noise

therug15, Nov 28, 7:39pm
Hi,
I have a 1991 Honda Integra (3 door DA-5 - 120kms) that has this amazing (annoying) squealing/whining sound when accelerating.

Details:
The sound is coming from the Intake Manifold / Throttle Body area. When I removed the Air box and arm the noise is very loud.
The noise only happens when I exceed approximately 2500rpm and its only when its under load i.e when I??

pup2, Nov 28, 7:53pm
Check ya fan belt isn't glazed or worn or lose

kiwicon, Nov 28, 8:46pm
turn ya vtec controller back up

therug15, Nov 28, 8:57pm
Thanks for your reply, checked the belts already -I wish it was that simple.

therug15, Nov 28, 8:58pm
Cheers for that, Non vtec engine though.

pup2, Nov 28, 10:49pm
checked for vac leak!

skyline_guy_r34, Nov 28, 10:57pm
Get your nana out of the passenger seat and try listening for the sound again

foxdonut, Nov 28, 11:10pm
Is it squealing or whining!

Whining could well be just a simple vibration around the intake at the bumper end of the assembly. Try adjusting / tightening retaining bolts and screws.

Or just stick a JacksonRacing sticker on your bonnet and tell people its meant to sound like that.

therug15, Nov 28, 11:21pm
Yeah I could take a closer look for a vac leak - I guess I discounted that idea when I found that it didnt make the noise when revving in neutral.

therug15, Nov 28, 11:24pm
foxdonut wrote:
Is it squealing or whining!

Whining could well be just a simple vibration around the intake at the bumper end of the assembly. Try adjusting / tightening retaining bolts and screws.

Its more of a whining - a very loud whining. thanks for the suggestion - Ill take a look at the retaiting bolts etc.

antwerp87, Nov 29, 6:52am
get some carb clean or anything like that and spray round your manifold. It will tell you if there are any cracks or anything there.
Check your pcv valve. If its not working the noise could be coming from there. While your there clean out your manifold with some subaru throttle body clean. Great stuff. Could be a whole lot of gunge build up.