Mitsubishi transfer case removal.

miss-shortae, Jul 27, 6:57am
working on my partners 96 gsr, transfer case seized, so trying to pull old case out to fit new case. so far i have removed drive shaft, rh front axle, exhaust ( to gain more working space ) and 5 bolts which hold it to gear box. tried to slide it off, but it comes about 15mm off and just wont come off, catching on last little piece of gearing. the case itself is not hitting anything and i cant see any visable bolts or pins holding it on. is there anything else that needs to be removed to help last little bit come off!

dent, Jul 27, 7:10am
From what I can rember the mistubishis are the more easier to remove the transfer case on. And sounds like its just being stubbon. Once sliding its should just come off.

miss-shortae, Jul 27, 7:14am
do i need to take cv off the case!

wimwom, Jul 27, 8:20am
Did one on a 4x4 chariot years ago and recall having same problem. I cant remember what it was but am wondering if there is a bearing pressed into the housing! I know it was a shit of a job and i wouldn't bother again!Good luck.

luke041, Jul 27, 8:38am
Remove l/h axle. Then there is a shaft that was under the cv which runs through the gearbox into the transfer box. You need to remove that shaft you may need a slide hammer to do it will have a bolt hole at the end of the shaft to put a bolt in for the slide hammer.

807, Jul 27, 9:19am
where's philip weston !

miss-shortae, Jul 28, 1:08am
cheers for that, removed that shaft and old 1 sliped off. and new 1 fitted within 30minutes