97 mitsubishi legnum 2.5 non turbo

becsr1, Sep 27, 8:20am
any ideas whats involved price wise to fix noisey hydraulic lifter in my car , have changed oil which worked for a while and also tried the proma oil additive and that helped for awhile but noise always comes back again. any ideas would be good other than sell it cause its a mitsi lol hurd it all before

phillip.weston, Sep 27, 8:21am
how many kms travelled or months until the noise comes back!

becsr1, Sep 27, 8:26am
changes oil with 15 / 40 delo and additive 2 weeks ago at oil changers and back it came . sometimes it stops fora while but always comes back

becsr1, Sep 27, 8:27am
200km max

mugenb20b, Sep 27, 8:28am
There's your problem ^^^^^^^.

phillip.weston, Sep 27, 8:29am
sounds like el cheapo oil then perhaps. Of most the Mitsis I've come across with noisey lifters, the noise tends to go away and stay away for 5,000kms or so when using a quality oil. I would be using a semi synthetic or full synthetic 5W30, 10W30, 5W40 or 10W40.

becsr1, Sep 27, 8:29am
what oil should i use and do i need to use additive thanks . thats what oil was put in by oil changers

becsr1, Sep 27, 8:32am
okay thanks for that will purchase some descent oil this weekend and do another oil change and see if that helps thanks

phillip.weston, Nov 26, 11:14am
surely you can't expect quality when you're only paying $79 odd for an oil change! they have to skimp on something, and this case it's the quality of the oil and oil filter especially.