Has anyone got one for sale please!

Cheers in advance

grangies, Sep 4, 5:59am
What model of 2008 Mazda!

You should be able to easily find new ones via www.google.co.nz

xs1100, Sep 4, 9:17am
takapuna mufflers barrys point rd.paul there has heaps for sale

ceebee2, Sep 4, 9:26pm
I want a second hand rather than pay $500 - $800 for new thanks.

Cannot recall the model (Offshore at the mo)

ceebee2, Sep 4, 9:27pm
Sorry should have stated I want a second hand one.

jason18, Sep 4, 9:41pm
Being such a new car best bet is try some late model wreckers otherwise your only other option is buy new.

curlcrown, Sep 4, 9:44pm
There's a guy in Howick who does them, under $400 new fitted with wireing. Any make or model.

jmma, Sep 4, 10:51pm
You on a oil rig !

ceebee2, Sep 4, 11:01pm
Yer

ceebee2, Sep 6, 4:39am
Thanks Curl

thejazzpianoma, Sep 6, 5:45am
Remember with a modern car to be VERY careful about how the wiring is done. Too many supposed towbar experts have very little understanding of this.

Sure, on many cars a cheap bypass kit may be fine, but on others it can cause all sorts of problems from parking sensors going ape, to transmission problems to your ending up in a ditch when something goes wrong because the cars computer didn't know a trailer was connected. (So won't turn on a trailer stability program or possibly won't anticipate its own stability program properly).

You even get the occasional backyard monkey that still try's to wire the trailers lights directly to the cars like its the 1980's, they of course risk ruining the cars ECU at great cost.

The Mazda may well most likely be absolutely fine with a cheap bypass kit but it would still make sense to check.

tuttyclan, Sep 6, 6:26am
Mazspare may have a factory geniune second hand one,you just need somebody to fit it as the Mazda Dealer or specalised towbar places may only fit new ones.I had the same problem with getting a second hand one for my Honda but I got myself a geniune factory secondhand from the Honda wreckers and my mechanic fitted it for me.

ceebee2, Sep 6, 10:27pm
Thanks for that jazz,
and tuttyclam good thinking will try them.

ceebee2, Sep 6, 10:56pm
Due to your advice found this important info

http://www.mazda.co.nz/genuine-trailer-harness