Problem Nissan Largo 95 automatic 2,4l petrol

dofsan, May 8, 8:35am
If I press the accelerator too quickly the engine vibrates for 2-3 seconds, like if it is misfiring. If I press it down slowly there are no problems. I have changed the distributor cap, sparks, leads, lead from coil, all distributors, airflow sensor and checked hoses for leaks. Idle on neutral is about 700rpm. Could it help if I adjust idle to 1000rpm, if so where do I adjust?

aredwood, May 8, 11:27am
Check the throttle position sensor. If it doesn't work you will get the equivalent of a broken throttle pump on a carb engine. (leanout when throttle is opened quickly)

dofsan, May 8, 10:51pm
I have now changed the throttle position sensor but no change .
Is this were you you change your idle rpm by changing position of the sensor?

thejazzpianoma, May 9, 3:46am
Crikey, I hope intrade doesn't see the list of stuff you have replaced!

If it was me I would be putting it on a suitable scan tool or hooking an oscilloscope to the oxygen sensor and looking to see whether it goes rich when you jump on the gas. I would then take my next step accordingly.

intrade, May 9, 4:01am
first of all you dont mess with idle air settings on any injected petrol car. the only time the idle air needs adjusting is if it is mechanically out of range like when a moron has messed with it previously or a part has worn .
Next you need to test if fuel supply and pressure is your problem .
on a hill you would floor it and check if it stumbles and boogs down under high rpm and heavy load= most likely a fuel starvation problem.
report back with that information .

gmphil, May 9, 4:04am
fuel filter or pump ?

dofsan, Feb 4, 8:44am
Hello Intrade and others, I'm not a car expert but now I have changed all sparkplugs again despite all had nice sparks, and now the car works prefectly fine. I haven't checked plugs one by one so I don't know which was faulty. Could a diagnostic code tool have told me this? Thank you all for your feedback.