Ford terrioty people a Question

boots13, Feb 19, 9:56pm
Any manual transmisions out there? I don't want an auto car

intrade, Feb 19, 10:01pm
usually manual are extreem hard to find .
like i would want a vw touareg manual. they do exist plenty in the uk but i cant import one because they dont meet the emission rules of new zealand.
i got a 6 speed vw bora tdi diesel even that was the only car on tradme for 6 years with the manual trans and the engine i wanted , so when it came up for sale the secound time i went and purchased it pritty quickly lucky it was maintained correctly by all last owners.

brapbrap8, Feb 19, 10:07pm
They were only available with manual transmissions on the turbo version I think, and even then I don't know if Ford NZ sold any, I certainly have never seen one.

intrade, Feb 19, 10:10pm
now here is the downside of almost any newer manual transmission cars.
The diesel all run a dualmass flywheel factory i would assume but i am not sure the terretory will also and the clutch kits full thing with all stuff and new rear krank seal and gearbox seals will cost 2000$ upwards as the flywheel are non servicasble components with the clutch mechanism for duelmass function.
conversion to solid mass system is always possible .
the reason the dualmass are there is confort and noise rduction.
there is gearbox clattter with solid mass flywheels , this was no problem on older diesel because the clattering from the engines of old diesel would be louder then the gearbox rattle .
the now almost silent commonrail diesel you can hear gearbox clatter and so they made dualmass flywheels to remove this noise.
This is the primary reason for dual mass flywheels
the other is they also dont use a harmonic ballancer damper system as the dualmass is doing the damping.
This is the part where you have to be carfull when converting to a solid mass if the dual mass flywheel also takes the responsebility for the harmonic ballancer on, when you delete it.

intrade, Feb 19, 10:14pm
continued some petrol also run dual mass flywheels.
our 2011 dacia clearly does not because you can hear the gearbox clatter in idle at times and when you press the clutch a few times the clatter vanishes untill its harmonics add up, to vibrate and cause the clatter again.
Hearing this clatter on this new car tells me it does not run a dualmass flywheel and i know its going to be cheaper to service it with a new clutch when it is time for a new one.

skully13, Feb 19, 10:19pm
Territory was auto only.

franc123, Feb 19, 11:47pm
You wouldn't want a manual Territory even if they existed, Ford Australia and their manual gearbox suppliers never mastered a good clutch and gearchange action on their product, if you are mainly an urban driver you would hate it within days and have RSI in the left knee . Go and try the six speed tiptronic in the way it should be used and you will realise how stone age manual gearboxes are.

tamarillo, Feb 20, 12:27am
If you like big Aussie six and actually want a CAR not an SUV then try the falcon range, they were sold in manuals though not as common.
Slaughter at territory for handling, feel, road holding and gas use.
Not nice manuals and the six speed tiptronic box was so good few would want one.

martin11, Feb 20, 12:33am
Turbo model had a manual gearbox .

skully13, Feb 20, 1:42am
Nope. Auto only. If you find a factory manual one buy it. It would be very rare indeed

martin11, Jun 8, 1:10pm
Very rare in Aus Limited edition , seen one for sale recently in Perth