Ford Falcon BA 2003 Tailgate Release !

mowerman99, Oct 27, 6:13am
x1
The tailgate release on my Falcon Wagon has just started making a graunching noise when the button is pushed either on the dashboard or the remote. Door opens ok but sounds really loud and goes for about 2-3 seconds. Is it a broken spring in the system! Any advice on how to fix for a fairly handy old coot! Thanks.

marcos1, Oct 27, 6:26am
I just replaced one on a Ba sedan today,with the same noisy problem .Get a second hand one.

mowerman99, Oct 27, 6:58am
Thanks. What parts are involved! Is it just a matter of removing the tailgate liner and there it all is!

unbeatabull, Oct 27, 7:17am
Its the actual actuator, about 10 mins to replace, just a case of removing the trim and I think its 3 10 or 13mm bolts and a plug

marcos1, Oct 27, 7:17am
Remove the tailgate trim , and the catch is located by two 10mm head nuts and the plug in connector.
IIRC, the s/w has a separate actuator, as opposed to the sedan which has a built in sealed unit.

grangies, Oct 27, 7:22am
Complain to Ford that it's just not good enough to have these problems only 8-9 years since new.

Same goes for the niggly Holden problems.

mowerman99, Oct 27, 7:50am
True but they do happen and it's great to be able to find out how to fix em on here. Thanks guys

4piggy, Oct 28, 9:52am
common for these actuators to play up,you wou be better to fit a universal central lock motor and it would be cheaper to buy than s/hand factory one, ive fitted several in the past

mowerman99, Nov 14, 8:53pm
Hi 4piggy
Still havn't got around to fixing the tailgate actuator (just useing the key at the mo) so where would I source a uclmotor and how much would I be looking at paying! Thanks

mowerman99, Nov 15, 4:26am
Bump 4 4piggy