Ford owners! what would you rather have.

Page 1 / 2
goose13, Apr 30, 10:27pm
I have had falcons for long time and about 3 years ago went from EL XR6 5 speed to BA xt model auto and i have to say the EL was far better car,lots of little things going wrong with BA, Has any one else had this opinion of these two models,am thinking about going back to EL,am i doing the right thing!

unbeatabull, Apr 30, 10:37pm
Yup BA is a bit of a problem child. They get a lil better with each gen, the BF and BF II isn't as bad but still not the best. The FG's are the best reliability wise though since the BA

goose13, Apr 30, 10:41pm
lots of things going wrong,have had to do front rotors and pads, rears also, starter motor shit itself and was told not fixable as they have plastic planitery gears in them, so new one was brought, now it has started to miss at idel and when 3 kids in back the thing bottoms out over dips in road.

franc123, Apr 30, 10:43pm
The key with buying any of that aussie stuff is to avoid the first model of every new generation and go for the facelifted or series 2 versions.When you look back through the models its obvious which ones to buy.

goose13, Apr 30, 10:44pm
It is a 2004 model so thing it would be gen 2 am i correct!

franc123, Apr 30, 10:46pm
Is that all!Brake pads and rotors are wear and tear repairs, ditto the starter if its done high enough kms, at any rate they aren't that expensive to repair.The misfire is probably plugs or one of the coils breaking down, again plugs are a service item.Bottoming out!drive slower or upgrade the springs!

goose13, Apr 30, 10:52pm
I must of brought a lemon or it was worn out before i got it.any way of testing plug coils!

goose13, Apr 30, 10:54pm
My old 1969 XT is more reliable.

franc123, Apr 30, 10:56pm
No you've bought a car which from time to time in its life costs money to repair and service, just like anything else.Come back when you've got something genuine to whinge about.

chris_051, Apr 30, 11:26pm
I doubt it bottoming out with 3 kids in the back. It is either the rear mudflaps hitting the ground or be a responsible parent and put the fat shits on a diet.
Other wise get an AU, 630,000km on mine and still going strong. Also, the Falcon model most like by cab drivers too.

skully13, May 1, 12:51am
My parents BA hasn't had that many problems. As for bottoming out, the only time theirs did that was when towing the boat, and 5 adults on board. And only when driving too fast over driveways and speed humps.

skully13, May 1, 12:53am
To answer the question though, I would take the BA over the EL.

nathan84, May 1, 5:43am
EL is the best falcon theve made BAs are the worst even worse than EAs there is that much shit that f#$ks up on them its not funny

joanie32, May 1, 6:09am
eb2 rates as best car Ive owned. Ive had a dozen holdens and six falcs.

roys351, May 1, 7:17am
xa may be an exception to the rule

franc123, May 1, 7:24am
Please explain!The XB was better looking, was in production for nearly double the time and sold a shitload more units, was the first Falcon to outsell the H series Holdens, albeit intermittently, the GT was faster and had four wheel discs, indeed front discs were standard across the range for the first time, more options. !

roys351, May 1, 7:39am
the xa did not have reliability issues the xb was more refined but all xa running gear with only cosmetic changes and the xc was the worst of the 3 so why avoid the xa first of that model lineup

dragon118, May 1, 8:06am
I would rather have a Holden

roys351, May 1, 8:07am
ihave had at least 20 xa,s and seen many many more still havent seen a drum brake front and i suspect they were fact std disc in nz has anyone come across one that was nz assembled !

xacoon, May 1, 8:54am
nah I've never come across drum front. I prefer the styling of the xa over xb, although I do have one of those too.

roys351, May 1, 9:36am
same 2 xa,s 3 xb,s

myjg33, May 1, 11:02am
hell yes,have seen a couple drum front brake xa falcons
even sold one of the owners a disc brake set up off 1 of my xa wrecks.
duno where they were put together tho.(the cars themselfs)

franc123, May 1, 11:23am
Exactly, especially those fitted with 200ci engines, ie the base model as opposed to 500's. it wasn't until XB that they were standard across the board, although clearly most XA's sold in NZ were optioned with the discs.But hey the above experts knew better.

roys351, May 1, 12:06pm
iasked i did not say it was but if you are calling me an expert .thanks for that xa,s sold wa also had quater lite windows in the front doors and i have never seen any of them if you find some please let me know i like my cars to be a little bit different

xacoon, May 1, 7:14pm
cheerful today aren't we. all that was stated was that a couple of us have never seen xas without discs. unfortunately they are a lot older than me so I never got a chance to sell or work on them from new.aside from discs and styling what were the other advances with an xb! dipswitch on the stalk! engine wise was a step back, no more 2502v and an asthmatic 302. you can carry on being the "expert" I was just merely stating an opinion.