Nissan original HP308-A Laguage Settings

jubanort, Jan 27, 12:06am
Anyone heard of this car dvd, mp3, cd player if so do u know how to change the language or knows someone who knows about it because its all in Japanese

kazbanz, Jan 27, 2:21am
no you can't adjust the language

daryl14, Jan 28, 1:10am
Why aren't dealers putting new stereos in all these imports as a matter of course? I'm sure it would only cost you a hundy. Thank god my cars are nz new.

kazbanz, Jan 28, 1:26am
MATE I HAVE A DEAL FOR YOU. I will pay you $100 per new kiwi radio installed in all of my cars in stock. That's a cool $8000
ACTUALLY--to make it worth your while I'll make it $150 per radio.
$12000.
How can you possibly pass up that deal.?

bigfatmat1, Jan 28, 2:15am
because it's not as simple as Just putting a new radio in it

daryl14, Jan 28, 2:41am
Alright then. what percentage of import vehicles is it impossible to put aftermarket stereos into? realistically speaking? There is one of these threads every other week. If it were me buying an import I'd be citing the cga because none of these new owners of imports seems to be aware of what they have got themselves in for with the stereos.

vtecintegra, Jan 28, 2:46am
Impossible? None - there is always a way.

75% of cars will be difficult though as a lot of models have the stereo built into the dash itself.

kazbanz, Jan 28, 4:59am
But you said $100 so Im happy to pay you $100 to install into all of my cars.
Now how about you apply your EXACT logic to kiwi new cars.
Should owners of kiwi new cars be informed under the CGA because their cars are expensive to fit aftermarket radios into?
Or that their cars use old technology to keep costs down?
Or that standard equipment fitted into Jap cars is still often missing in Kiwi spec cars.

brapbrap8, Jan 28, 5:07am
It is not exactly advertised by dealers that the stereo and things are all in Japanese, that seems to be where some of the issues come from when people think they have bought a car with MP3 player, tv, dvd, satnav, reversing camera etc. Only to realise after they bought it that they won't be able to figure out how to work it, or the satnav won't work at all.

It will only get harder to change them too, most of the functions in my 2014 (NZ new) japanese car are controled by the big touch screen built into the centre console, I bet the only way to change it on an import version would be major surgery to remove the entire unit, and replace it with another OEM NZ new unit.

daryl14, Jan 28, 6:39am
kazbanz wrote:

Thats my point. An aftermarket stereo can be bought retail for around a hundred bucks. So why not put one in?

bigfatmat1, Jan 28, 7:06am
As above its not that simple. Many stereos have heater controls built in as well as power supplies and can bus for additional multi function displays. Many cars a dash kit may be available for this but often the a/c controls knobs and buttons are rubbish. Also cost is a big part the dash kit for my vehicle (which is nz new) is just over $1k then i would have the price of a double din touch screen on top of that at around $500 for a low end model. But there is also cars that no such kits are available.

casper35, Jan 28, 7:39am
I would love to buy a 2007/08 Nissan skyline or fuga, but all the ones I have looked at at several dealers cannot be changed from there silly jap crap screens.Which pisses me off as I don't want gps/satnav/ stero I cant understand.

supernova2, Jan 28, 10:35pm
And that is where the CGA question arises. Is the gps/satnav/stereo fit for purpose?. IMHO its not so should either be replaced or be removed. Until its tested in Court I guess it will never happen.

brapbrap8, Jul 18, 12:49pm
The car would need to be considerably cheaper than the NZ new equivalent to sell with the non functioning stereo (assuming the buyer knew the stereo etc would be japanese), so I'm not sure the CGA would be applicable.

Imports would be much more appealing to more people if dealers had them all good to go with everything in english on their yards. When I was buying last year I looked at a few late model imports and was totally put off by the hassle it would be to change the stereo, if the same car was there but in english it would have been far more appealing.

I see the dealers point about it not being very viable to change them, I'm sure if it became much harder to sell cars with japanese controls (as it likely will soon with more new cars being touch screen operated), then dealers would look at what options there are to do conversions pre-sale.
It may be a case of dealers becoming more specialized and only doing one or 2 models of car each that they have a good conversion for.
Only time will tell I guess,