Installing new third row seat and seat belt

karl110, Mar 13, 4:47am
Hi there.
I have a Toyota TX 1998 with 5 seats and I have noticed bolt holes and provision for seats in the rear. Is it possible to add seats even if it's registered as a 5 seat vehicle. Also does anyone know where is a good place to get this done if it is possible. Thanks.

kazbanz, Mar 13, 6:26am
Im sorry dude what is a Toyota TX--no im not bein a smart alec

kazbanz, Mar 13, 7:22am
if you can get a set of FACTORY rear seats and seatbelts they will bolt straight in.
You may need to get it listed as a 7 seater.
UM now a though here.-as long as it it returned 100% to factory then I'd play it dumb come WOF time. "WADDAYAMEAN its a 5 seater" ?
Its got factory rear seats and factory belts hasn't it --its pretty odvious its a 7 seater innit?

karl110, Mar 13, 8:22am
My apologies it is a Toyota TX Land cruiser Prado 1998. spot the newby

bjmh, Mar 13, 5:53pm
try 0800 766 799. make sure you have the model number off the I.D plate. they may have the genuine seat etc

mrsglaucoma11, Mar 13, 6:20pm
I was going to do this to my old one. Was eventually put in the 2 hard basket.Seats where the cheap part at $5 from my local wastebusters, Seatbelts were $400 secondhand and $410 new from Toyota. You also need the bracket that holds up one side of the seat. Then you need to act dumb when you take it too your local garage and see if they notice.

golfnut1857, Mar 16, 6:09am
Just go to RVE in Penrose they can fit and give you the appropriate paperwork. If the bolt holes are already there you can fit a factory seat to it as that is how it left the manufacturer and will be classed as a factory fitment.

karl110, Apr 25, 3:12am
Thanks all. Got it from Patiki 4wd in Glen Eden. They fitted it all as well. Had everything I needed, prices were awesome. That's now my go to shop for all my gear.