Help 3.1 98 Diesel bighorn- cutting out randomly.

wiggle4, Sep 8, 7:35am
Been runing rough at times, then I changed fuel filter and put fuel treatment in tank thinking I had picked up bad fuel- runs clean and fine at 100km- just randomly sort of chokes now at then at lower speed- and cuts out( all gauges- lights radio etc all ok) when first started and tonight cut out coming around a corner on the way home so transported it home to be safe- started fine again when cold and drove up the drive. Have had a recall letter to take it into holden dealer to get wiring harnes checked- could these be symptoms of the vehicle recall! Very coincidental all started this wee and got recall letter last Friday! I am a chick so any help appreciated.

wiggle4, Sep 8, 8:18am
Bump. need some advice guys please.

a.woodrow, Sep 8, 8:29am
are you sure it 3.1L and not a 3.0L!

a.woodrow, Sep 8, 8:36am
I'm only aware of the 3.0 having the wiring harness recall. the oil pressure sensor leaks into the harness and tracks oil up to the ecu. it could be the problem you have but from what i've seen they usually just stop altogether

wiggle4, Sep 8, 8:55am
Sorry- yes it is a 3.0.Thanks so much for the reply-I got the letter about the recalllast Friday and booked it in today to go in nextMonday but dont think I should try driving it the 50+ km back to town.Wasscary to have it cut out and am lucky the logging driver behind me gave plenty of room.Is there anything I can do!

a.woodrow, Oct 15, 4:55pm
probably not, best option is perhaps to get it salvaged in and save you the hassles. best of luck ;)