ISUZU BIGHORN HELP

kwdriver, Jan 10, 6:33am
Asking on behalf, 2.8 turbo intercooled diesel just recently had rings and bearings done. When first back on road smoked badly, found the diaphragm in breather was split, replaced this and all good. Now it is smoking bad again ( can see anything behind you ) but not all the time. Check breather again and its fine. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

intrade, Jan 10, 6:37am
do you use a diesel additive in the fuel.! the smoking however could be a seal that is faulty on the turbocharger. was the charger inspected when the engine was out befor refitting!

scotty20001, Jan 10, 6:39am
replace tappet cover with one from a 3.1 you will find it wont smoke anymore.

intrade, Jan 10, 6:39am
also what smoke! white gray is a different problem as black.

kwdriver, Jan 10, 6:41am
Im unsure of what all was done, as i said im asking on behalf, but will pass on all ideas. Thanks.

mugenb20b, Jan 10, 6:57am
To me, that would indicate a turbo charger fault. Oil seals inside it are probably leaking. Also check rockers and rocker shaft for wear.
However, when rebuilding a diesel engine, always service your injectors and turbo at the same time.

kwdriver, Jan 10, 7:10am
Thats sort of the way we were leaning to, as good a place to start anyway. Thanks.

next-to-normal, Jan 10, 7:26am
underload they can smoke then it goes away,my isuzu elf van use to do it sometimes a gear change may help before you enter that zone,may be other things,add stuff to your fuel is a good idea,moreys surpose to be good