Page 1 / 2
mcfc11, Sep 14, 7:14am
Your opinions please.

skyline_guy_r34, Sep 14, 7:28am
Great idea. Hope it gets the backing it needs

patiki1, Sep 14, 8:16am
Great if you'll a holden supporter.

muzz67, Sep 14, 8:36am
look good,, sound awesome,, its up to the drivers to entertain us to make it sucessfull.

ninja_man, Sep 14, 8:40am
the cars are cool, however i think the nzv8's will still be more entertaining to watch

guider1, Sep 14, 12:11pm
Huh. why is that! There will be plenty of Fords in the field, they just ALL have to run with the Chev motor. The reason behind that is based on cost, reliability & bang-for-buck. Ford do not produce an engine the same with as many top-end parts in it.

foxdonut, Sep 14, 12:18pm
My opinion! V8 Supertourers is to V8 Supercars what A1GP was to Formula 1

Everyone says they want it, but none of them will pony up the cash to keep it going.

And it'll be slower with higher attrition. If it gets to A1GP levels of scratchings and DNFs then it'll die very quickly.

1ollie, Sep 14, 1:00pm
It will NOT be around for very long as its a stupid idea! end of story! Watch it and see!

franko171, Sep 14, 8:38pm
one season wonder

gman35, Sep 14, 8:45pm
Gee , just Falcons and Holdens again is it !And all with the same engine I hear! How exciting !

bill-robinson, Sep 14, 10:02pm
Yep, it just splits up the limited amount of money that is available from sponsors. Total waste of time IMO.
Bill

guider1, Sep 14, 10:45pm
My god. rules are rules & if no other car manufacturer can adhere to those rules then that's tough! Stop crying about nothing, obviously YOU dont agree with the rules & i'm really sure that the governing body could'nt care less. i'm sure the rest of us wont miss you either.
This is designed as another step closer to V8 Supercars for up & coming drivers. why would ANYONE want to drive a Toyota (for example) when the cars they'll be stepping up into are all Holden & Ford! DUH!

rob_man, Sep 14, 10:48pm
guider1 wrote:
My god. rules are rules & if no other car manufacturer can adhere to those rules then that's tough! Stop crying about nothing, obviously YOU dont agree with the rules & i'm really sure that the governing body could'nt care less. i'm sure the rest of us wont miss you either.
quote]
You and your three mates won't miss me either then.

doug207, Sep 14, 11:01pm
Why not bring back production class! So we can see cars we can buy race.

guider1, Sep 14, 11:04pm
We most certainly wont rob_man. who cares what you think, if you want to whinge about something you obviously arent interested in then I suggest you do it at your next Bingo night where someone might give a rats.
So I guess you & gman think F1 should allow Formula Fords to run in their class too!

attitudedesignz, Sep 14, 11:06pm
Getting abit up-tight there aren't we.

For a start, the OZ 'Car of The Future' will NOT necessarily be a Ford or Holden as you say, so new drivers could be "stepping into" anything.

Secondly, the NZ V8 Supertourers are designed to accept any 5 door body (see quoted text from the web site below). So in my opinion it will be closer to Nascar than anything, so the old Holden V Ford arguement holds NO water at all.

"the prototype utilises a VE Commodore body mounted on a purpose-built monocoque chassis. The monocoque chassis, like the Australian V8 Supercar car of the future or COFT project, is built to not only accommodate both the current VE Commodore and FG Falcon bodies, but any other similar sized four-dour production vehicle such a Toyota Camry, BMW 5 series, etc. Interested vehicle manufacturers of four-door saloon cars of a similar size to the Holden VE and Ford FG models can apply for homologation to race in the V8SuperTourier series."

guider1, Sep 14, 11:10pm
I totally agree, a production class always works because normally all the categories are separated anyway yet, apart from the 2000cc & below the rest are chucked into the same race.
But then you still have the idiots like some in this thread who would be watching a race where there's a V8 Falcon or Commy in a race with a 4wd turbo Skyline. the Skyline narrowly takes the win only due to it's traction but they'd be spouting on that the Skyline won with a smaller engine. too dumb to recognise the huge advantage that 4wd will give ANY car over a 2wd car, whether it be 4, 6 or 8 cylinder.

guider1, Sep 14, 11:12pm
not getting up-tight at all. just flabbergasted at the narrowmindedness of some who obviously dont have a clue about exactly what they're even not liking. lol.

And yes I know about the Supertourers. a friend of mine is building & maintaining 3 cars for the series including Greg Murphys car.

And yes, I do think they are more like NASCAR's, but if it's going to help young Kiwi drivers get a chance at getting into a Supercar then i'm all for it.
I overheard a conversation between 2 blokes, 1 was/is a Supercar driver who have tested one of the Supertourers & they both reckon they are unbelievably fast.

rob_man, Sep 14, 11:26pm
Kindly point out where I whinged you snivelling arsewipe. This me ignoring you.

doug207, Sep 14, 11:32pm
I think it would be very interesting to watch, I can see a VE Walkinshaw making a complete mess of the competition.
The Skyline fanboys will be out in force, I have no doubts in a production class race that an R35 GT-R will destroy all but the Walkinshaw.
The R32 GT-R wasn't exactly that impressive, worked great in the wet, but the Sierra would walk it on the straights. If it was as amazing as people said, it would have been at the front of every race.

guider1, Sep 14, 11:36pm
Bahahaha. Didnt your mother tell you it's not nice to call people names! Surely you remember the old saying "Sticks & stones."
Snivelling, no I dont have a cold. Arsewipe!. hmmmm, I did that this morning thanks.

guider1, Sep 14, 11:41pm
The problem ALL the high powered rwd cars have is tyre heat. especially if the car is a heavyweight. 4wd takes that out of the equation.
I guess Holden could just race the HSV427 Monaro that completely destroyed it's competition on the mountain in the 24hr. now that would be a sight to see.

elect70, Sep 15, 12:16am
Good formsport fans2 lots ofV8 races , some will have same driver in each.I was offered as replacement for NZV8 butMNZ didnt want a bar of itmainly because of those behind it . Petty politics . But they will both be racing at manfeild & terratonga & super tourers only at hamptons( again politics )
Asthe crap about GTRthere is 1 full race 1 inclassicGTracesbut gets cleaned up big time .WE have an entry levelproduction class plus manyother slower classes so no excuse for "too expensive"crap , all covered, bring it on

bubbles244, Sep 15, 12:22am
guider 1 the VL walknshaw beat the gtr at sandown the year before the V8 super car franchise started and 3 years after the VN was made. IT was competetive as a GTR.

and I would not put too much emphasis on walkinshaw. that VL lost or DNF all its races when owned by TWR, it wasn't till larry perkins (who went back to the VL after trying a VN) took over the running of it that it started winning.

IT was still racing up untill 1995 in the hands of alan Grice and other privateers

doug207, Sep 15, 12:29am
That ridiculous 427 was my kind of toy! It's a shame it never got put in to production.
The Nissan 4wd is a very heavy car too, but, you're certainly right about the 4wd advantage,
not such a big issue if there are a few quality european cars in there to humble the Nissan.