Wheres a good place to get paint matched!

aragorn2003, Sep 23, 9:08am
In Auckland! car is in need of a respray but its been painted a custom colour at some point and previous owner didn't know the paint code for it , so needing to get a paint match and a batch made up.

Wheres a good place to go!

cjohnw, Sep 23, 9:11am

gunhand, Sep 23, 9:13am
Id go there, if its PPG they have to match everything anyway so they will b good at it.

aragorn2003, Sep 23, 9:13am
haha i drive past them nearly every day! . thanks for that

gammelvind, Sep 23, 9:18am
Haha well I guess you don't paint with ppg.

gunhand, Sep 23, 9:21am
Nothin wrong with PPG but there colour matching is terrible to say the least. Its not even right on factory cars.

gammelvind, Sep 23, 9:24am
Nor was the factory spiers job on the Holdens I saw recently. Sadly factory paint jobs tend to be pretty average regardless of supplier.

gunhand, Sep 23, 9:32am
I thought PPG supplied Holden. Well they used to.

rob_man, Sep 23, 9:47am
PPG's waterborne stuff might be a bit better, their basecoat is pretty tragic.
Can't go past Lesonal for factory colours.

aragorn2003, Sep 23, 9:48am
As far as i'm aware its not a factory colour , how would they go about matching it!

sred69, Sep 23, 10:20am

gunhand, Sep 23, 10:21am
You got a pic of it at all.

saxman99, Sep 23, 10:22am
I had some paint done a while back on a car with a fair bit of paint fade, making the colour much lighter than factory original.The place I went to had some fancy electronic gizmo that analyzed the colour and told them how to mix up a match. It was spot on.

gunhand, Sep 23, 10:26am
Spectroanailizer, yea yea spelt wrong lol.

aragorn2003, Sep 23, 10:28am
was sounds cool , ill chuck a pic up tomorrow

richard198, Sep 23, 10:29am
On the North Shore, Wairau Paint Centre get it spot on!

rob_man, Sep 23, 11:05am
I could eye match it for you when I get a paint system in, sometime in the next few weeks.

gunhand, Sep 23, 11:11am
Your a keen man with out seeing it lol, could be anything and everything in it.

richard198, Sep 23, 11:20am
Sounds painful, Gun!

supernova2, Sep 23, 11:41am
Thought those machines only do brown, yellow and green hues!

rob_man, Sep 24, 8:19pm
There's always a way and it's a repaint after all, I could maybe improve it a bit.

gunhand, Sep 24, 8:23pm
rob_man wrote:

There's always a way and it's a repaint after all, I could maybe improve it a bit.[/quote

True, I thought it must have needed a touch up but yes he said respray. I like full resprays no matching needed lol.

brad166, Sep 24, 8:42pm
I work for colourworks and can tell you if you want a coulour matched to go see Aaron in the shop and he will sort out your colour bang on without the need to use a spectrometer.
He has been there over ten years, his job is to match colours and I can confidently say he would easily show all painters up when it comes to colour matching.
I was on the floor painting for about 15 years and pretty good at what I do but Aaron blows me out of the water when it comes to colours

rob_man, Nov 13, 10:48am
I think I may have altered a few of his matches when I was at FRP.