New Vitara 2.7L V6 for towing!

wlgdgirl, Sep 22, 4:59am
Has a braked tow capacity of 1500kg which is same as Outlander, Escape, etc.What is the torque like!Will be used for a float and one horse approx 1300kg total.Thanks

richard198, Sep 22, 5:03am
I'm no expert on this but I would prefer a larger margin between the ratings!

thunderbolt, Sep 22, 5:33am
Not enough grunt, and too light to drag all that around.

The float will push it around too much

franc123, Sep 22, 5:38am
It will be adequate for doing that job but thats all, none of those V6 engined Vitaras perform as well as you'd think even considering their smallish size, the 2.7 would clearly be as good as it gets. Remember to invest in some extra transmission cooling if its auto.

wlgdgirl, Sep 22, 5:38am
Ok if not a Vitara, what about an Escape or Outlander!Dont like X-Trails, dont want to go for anything too big as I do a lot of city driving and will only be using the float approx 6 times a year.Thanks for advice.

wlgdgirl, Sep 22, 5:40am
Its for short trips by the way, around Wgtn, Kapiti, Wairarapa only.

bobwyn, Sep 22, 7:15am
We tow our 6,3 meter 1300kg boat with our 2.7 vitara with no probs, come to think of it we use to tow the boat our 2.5 vitara too. thats from CH-Ch to Kiakoura too.

likit, Sep 22, 9:16pm
No problems,did you ever look in your rear vision mirror!

wlgdgirl, Sep 22, 9:43pm
Actually have just found out rating for the 2,7 is 1900kg not 1500kg.

shelleigh, Sep 22, 10:11pm
Have you considered borrowing a vehicle when you are only going to be towing a few times a year!

richard198, Sep 23, 1:17am
It's looking a lot better! That would account for above owners having no probs. Go for it. Vitaras are good vehicles in general.

bobwyn, Nov 11, 4:18pm
ok whompa put ya money were your keyboard fingers are I bet I can get to 130kph with the boat on the back you would have a $100 worth off that.