It works both ways Jazz

phillip.weston, Sep 17, 1:51am
Hey Jazz, as you have pointed out Fiat are rebranding their own cars and selling them as Chryslers and Jeeps etc. Well. it works both ways too - Fiat are sticking Lancia badges on Chryslers also.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/motoring/5631024/Lancia-rolls-out-Yank-tanks

Perhaps it's their ploy to increase reliability! :P

*jab jab jab*

slarty45, Sep 17, 1:58am
It's a way to deceive the buyer,
they think they have bought something nice,
but it's just a bloody Fiat.

VW only bought into Suzuki so they could sell a Suzuki with a VW badge.

phillip.weston, Sep 17, 2:08am
I cringe at the thought of seeing a Lancia Voyager haha. Oh my. The founders of Lancia would be turning in their graves.

johnf_456, Sep 17, 4:31am
Oh dear, nice one!

countrypete, Sep 17, 5:25am
But Suzuki has found nothing worth having form VW, is sick of the arrogance of the Germans, and the partnership deal is in trouble:http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1065997_vw-suzuki-alliance-hits-the-skids

trdbzr, Sep 17, 5:29am
You guys don't know anything about European cars and are just buying into the drivel used car salesmen and incompetent garages spill

rocker_553, Sep 18, 7:31am
I want to hear what Jazz has to say on this. Bumpage!

bmwnz, Sep 18, 7:48am
He already did on another thread, didn't he!

msigg, Sep 18, 8:22am
They tried to buy into suzuki to get to the indian market. break into that then you got plenty of money coming in.

trdbzr, Sep 19, 12:55am
He's still lurking around. He tends to avoid threads he gets completely owned in. Just waits for them to die down and then he comes back on and starts up again.

scotty20001, Sep 19, 2:46am
with a Mercedes engine the Flavia should be nothing but reliable, unlike the shitboxes made in thailand and korea that kiwis buy in droves.

phillip.weston, Sep 19, 3:16am
It's not a Mercedes engine it's Chrysler's version of the GEMA engine and has more in common with the Mitsubishi and Hyundai derivatives than anything else. The rest of the car will still be American made and therefore fall apart around the engine.

richard198, Nov 8, 6:54am
I agree that generalisations can be misleading but as for my comments regarding VW, I stand by them.
Skoda make a better VW.