99 altezza rs200

h.e, Sep 24, 11:19pm
can anyone enlighten me as to where the hell the oil filter is on one of these cheers in advance

noswalg, Sep 24, 11:22pm
i think it's on the engine somewhere, but don't quote me on that!

h.e, Sep 24, 11:50pm
yeah thanks i think

phillip.weston, Sep 24, 11:54pm
on the passenger side of the sump towards the front. jack the car up and take the plastic covers off and it will be staring right at you. Heck you can see it from looking down into the engine bay too.

In fact I just googled 'altezza oil filter location' and the first image was this - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/25/10010271.jpg/

gunhand, Sep 24, 11:56pm
Cant tell you for sure but i was looking for one once, under the motor, side of the motor and all over the place, ended up on top of the motor and screwed down into it. could hardly see it. and if it is make sure seal comes off with the old filter. You make a hell of a mess if you miss taking it off and put a new one on lol.

h.e, Sep 25, 12:22am
thats what i googled except i put in rs200 as well .didnt see any pictures.maybe im just a bit fick.cheers .
bugger no excuses now,off to do a oil change

stacie_nz, Sep 25, 7:09am
on the side

h.e, Nov 17, 6:05pm
thanks for the help got it done .what a stupidly convenient place to put the filter.you can get to it and undo it without being a contortionist no risk of burns or cuts i mean what next .everyone knows a oil filter belongs directly behind the extractors so you recieve 3rd degree burns when trying to remove it,only to fail cause some numbnut over tightened it.its then you drag out the screwdriver and hammer,accidently slicing the filter but looseningit so you ram your already burnt hand back in grab the filter cutting the bejesus out of it.you now have hot oil dribbling on to your burnt cut hand but your nearly done.
i feel quite cheated only tools required 14mm socket and rachet no filter tools no hammer no screwdriver no mig gloves nothing