Toyota altezza. Why does everyone want one took one for a test drive last week car yard wanted 17 g for it look about 9g worth t

thegravelracer, Nov 19, 8:47pm
why does everyone want one !,took one for a test drive last week car yard wanted 17 g for it .look about 9g worth to me had a beams engine ect 6 speed manual slow as shit felt like driving a dual carb civic ,the ride was puss .they do look nice tho .Surely there has to be others that share my opinion ! .so why does every second person on trademe want to swap what they have for one lol weird !some people have no idea what to look for in a car nowadays lol

mapman, Nov 19, 8:52pm
Toyota Altezza 3L GITA is the one every one should want. Same engine at the Toyota Supra and goes around corners like a Go Kart.

franc123, Nov 19, 8:53pm
Agree with you totally, they come across as a cheap BMW 3 series copy to me, and that includes the lack of performance.The instrumentation in them drives me mad, after getting out of it you still feel crosseyed!Far too much information in a small space.One of lifes great mysteries as to why people want them IMO.

thegravelracer, Nov 19, 9:07pm
A 2JZ-GTE powered Altezza sounds more like my kind of car .Thou traction issues much!and it handles well! i would have thought all that weight at the front would make it a little front heavy tho i would much rather have a 2j than a beams anyday

mapman, Nov 19, 9:46pm
It is a bit heavy but you get used to it. It performs at it??

car_gurl, Nov 19, 9:56pm
I had a black altezza and it looked great and never gave me any problems. Must have gone ok as had a few speeding tickets

edangus, Nov 19, 11:22pm
And it is the one - its a beautifully handling car, goes like stink! We fricken love our one. Its the wifes day to day car. Front is heavier but works like a real rear wheel drive should when cornering.

Car is mean. When wifes finished with it, I am gonna have a little play with adding turbos.

trdbzr, Nov 20, 2:41am
$17k! Its amazing what car dealers want these days.

moosie_21, Nov 20, 3:19am
They're not even worth $9K to begin with. As for being a "sports car", doubt it. More like a four-door that wants to be one. You can pick up Celica with the single VVT-i engine that only has 10 less hp, weighs a lot less, looks slightly better and doesn't compromise like the Altezza does for nearly half the price, and the nearly the same age! I wouldn't buy one simply because there are so many of them on the road.

ninja_man, Mar 19, 4:50pm
celica looks weird, is too small compared to the altezza.