Help with Subaru legacy gt

djkennedy, Sep 20, 7:08am
Does anyone know how much it would roughly cost to transfer an engine from one subaru legacy gt to another subaru legacy gt! Parts and labour. Any help is greatly appreciated!

zephyrheaven, Sep 20, 7:10am
$2000

neryl1, Sep 20, 11:25am
no parts needed $500

neryl1, Sep 20, 11:27am
phone some garages

rbjz, Sep 20, 12:45pm
And now we wait.

male_timaru, Sep 20, 1:27pm
zeph's quote is pretty much bang on - what a garage would charge for the hassles and troubles of doing one

i've done one by hand before in a driveway and it took 2 days to do on my own no engine hoists etc

jsbike, Sep 20, 7:48pm
id say $1000 if you can get someone to come do it on the drive as a cash job, and around $2000 to geta shop to do it. You could save some money by doing as much of it as you can, ie get someone to just do engine and box, you hook up all the wiring, exhausts and radiator etc. Time is money, the less time someone has to spend doing it, the less it costs you.

srrolla76, Sep 21, 12:42am
get some bloke in. hey mate give us a hand wif a job saturday! maaate! ya dreamin! haha na on a serious note, ask some mates to help you. i just helped a mate on the same sort of car. cost him nothing but a few beers while doing it. or come and see me and ill do it for cheap. haha

hijacka, Sep 21, 11:34am
You guys are ripoffs lol, ill do it in 1day by myself for 1g includes fluids filter and synthetic oil.

ceebee2, Sep 21, 8:50pm
Labour is 3-4 hours each way simple.

miss_2_u, Nov 15, 4:06pm
Yup $2000 approx, thats about what i paid when i had mine done