94 subaru legacy rs.new name of smokey.

holdenm4n, Jan 8, 8:11am
if anyone can enlighten me please.my subaru rs twin turbo started smoking out exhaust and bonnet ( white smoke ) engine's shaking like a dog when looked under bonnet but sounds ok.anyone know what could be the problem! and would it be worth fixing or off to the graveyard! cheers

morrisman1, Jan 8, 8:17am
possibly head gasket. check coolant for bubbles while engine is running, or brown sludge from oil and check oil for milky appearance.

holdenm4n, Jan 8, 8:20am
cheers morrisman.will look at that tomorrow. usually first thing i check.but been one of those days and it didn't enter my head

jokerboss, Jan 8, 8:50am
turbo seal! leeking oil in exhaust etc

holdenm4n, Jan 9, 3:46am
ended up ringing the mechanic.the turbos have sucked the big one apparently.sooo, time for a new car. oh well it lasted us ok.

holdenm4n, Jan 9, 6:38am
not sure if this the place to ask or not.but on further investigation showed oil inside intercooler and couple hours trawling through websites want to fix my car.i'm sure i can do it but trying to find a site that'd have pics and instructions in solving prob.if anyone has any useful links be appreciated

electro2000, Jan 9, 7:05am
normally its just the primary turbo stuffed (passenger side)have a look on the turbo for the type be VFXXfind a replacement and bolt it on
good to go

holdenm4n, Jan 9, 7:09am
what about the oil in the intercooler.do I need to buy a new one or just clean it out somehow!

cheers

amie10, Jan 9, 7:10am

electro2000, Jan 9, 7:13am
clean the inter-cooler outno big deal the bearings collapse in the turbo causing seal failureetc oil ends up every where making it look worse then it is.
Don't run it like that you will be loosing oil pressure through the failed turbo which then causes big end knock