Suzuki GSX-R 600 too powerful!. :/

Page 2 / 3
i-n-horz, Sep 29, 9:15pm
Each to their own and you know who you are.make a judgement on your 'sensibility' and 'ability' then take it from there.believe me you'll soon enough find out if you've made the correct decision or not if you make a judgement beyond those boundaries.

kazbanz, Sep 29, 9:29pm
law.house- I'm not going to go into the skill issues of going from a 250 cruiser sith 25 HP to a 100hp plus 600.plenty of people are going to explain that from both sides of the fence.
What I must do though is explain to you some exonomics.
Registration costs are roughly the same so no change there
Fuel economy WILL decrease a fair bit.
Tyres-You will go through tyres a LOT faster and tyres for the gixxer are a fair bit more expensive.
Chains/sprockets-not a HUGE change here but still more expensive.
Minor crash damage.-With the mighty GZif it falls over in the wind or maybee a tiny parking lot crash might cost you an indicartor or a lever endthe gixxer will need fairing repairs
Insurance costs are going to be a lot more.
Servicing costs will also rise a fair bit.

My suggestion to you as a next step would be to look at a GS500suzuki or a GPZ500/re5 kawasaki.
They are all darn nice bikes to ride. They are all a pretty good hop up size/power wise but all also have similar costs to run/register than the GZ
All of the bikes discussed I have personally owned and ridden including the gsxr600

tazcsv, Sep 29, 10:47pm
If you want it buy it, I had to ride one back from a freinds place on my learner licence and at that stage had only ridin a gpx250 and it was great fun, but use your head and you will have a hell of alot of fun on it. Bikes only go as fast as you make them go. My freind who owned the bike also stepped up from a 250to the gsxr600.

planted4u, Sep 29, 11:33pm
Dont listen to the pussies on here buy it or go hard and go for the thou. To much PC crap. Buy it.

fryan1962, Sep 30, 1:08am
Nice exhaust note

the exhaust on my gs 1000 was 4 into 1 YOSSI something girls loved it

warthogs1, Sep 30, 1:30am
Buy a dual purpose bike and learn to ride properly. Or buy mine.

richynuts, Sep 30, 4:53am
your FOSSV 650's do not have alot of power just like my trx 850 but its good useable power and I can open the throttle alot sooner than you will ever be able to on your 1000cc bike,track days have prooved this time and time again.

mekongmike, Sep 30, 5:14am
I went from a 50 cc step thru early this year to a Honda 900. A bit of a change in riding style , and took it pretty easy for the first few weeks. Even now I only open it out when the road is pretty clear . It is nice to have all the potential there for when I want it/ can handle it though !

ninja_man, Sep 30, 5:27am
+1 the twins are much more usable on the street

flybye_in_a_rx7, Sep 30, 6:03am
do it! i would if i had the $$$. get a few test rides on a good amount of bikes if ya can.

mantagsi, Sep 30, 10:29am
I went back and forth between honda 50's, tl125, ZX250, FZR400 (fun!), YZF600, all a hell of a blast, loved em all, especially the FZR400. Stick to what you are comfortable with and don't get pushed into doing something dumb that you can't save yourself from. Good luck and keep safe :) and yep, the GSXR will be a lot of fun but most of the posters here have pretty sound advice regarding it though.

cmx4eva, Sep 30, 10:37am
bit like going from an xr 250 to a cr 250.its a big jump

i-n-horz, Sep 30, 9:47pm
A lot of.'cold slab - toe tag - in a plastic bag to Mum'.type folk out there and best to leave them to their own devices.give a man a motorcycle and he'll ride for months or years, give him a brain as well and he'll ride for a lifetime ;)

gunhand, Sep 30, 9:50pm
Unless some deviod of intelligence car driver makes eye contact with you and pulls out in front of you anyway. But having a good brain tells you this will most likely happen so ya ready for it. Riding a motorcycle should be part of your drivers licence.

i-n-horz, Sep 30, 9:57pm
I totally agree with ya there gun.knowing the ways of those around you certainly makes for a more enjoyable and enhanced life expectancy for all.

gunhand, Sep 30, 10:11pm
Yep, but after doing all that you may as well by the bike that was like that in the first place lol.

trogedon, Sep 30, 10:11pm
Nice vid. The Piano wan't filmed there.put them right - it was Bethels Beach. Nice to see Forest Hill road (we live at the end of it - basically). I can keep up with cars down there on my bicycle!

ninja_man, Sep 30, 10:18pm
thanks trog.

tigertim20, Oct 1, 2:29am
I have commuted on litre sports bikes, and 600's. If its the bike you want, go get it. Dont listen to the 'its too fast' or the 'it wont be comfortable'. If you were after practicality, youd be getting a car anyways.
Get the bike that you WANT. ride it, enjoy it, and when you are sick of the fast and the fun, THEN go get a 'practical' bike.
If you dont get the toys now, youll wish you did later.

p.s. many of my friends ride 600-1000cc sports bikes as daily rides, commuitng etc as well as their weekend play. Just do it!

chris_051, Oct 1, 2:42am
+1. I have done many trips around the north island on my GSXR1000 and after about 4 hrs non stop the body starts to feel it, as far as commuting goes they are fine.

trogedon, Oct 1, 3:15am
But its a heck of a step up from a 250 cruiser to a late model 600 sports bike. Many more standard of sport touring bikes are very powerful and 'fun' without being to peaky or uncomfortable.

tigertim20, Oct 1, 4:00am
It only goes fast if your dick is really really small.
Like anything, the power is controlled by your maturity, and ability to resist the childish urges. Most of the people with V8s or turbo cars dont NEED the power, they want it though, whats the difference. Buy the bike you WANT, ride it sensibly, and get to some trackdays and take some courses, and learn to harness all the power available

richynuts, Oct 1, 4:19am
The most fun you will ever have is buying an older early - mid 90's400cc bike or a low HP bike like an SV650 then smokin' ya mates on the their lastest model 1000 bikes, just prepared to listen to their lame excuses why they couldn't stick with you on the corners,

wrong2, Oct 2, 3:51am
buy a slow bike if you want

you dont choose bikes for their slowness however - you ride them because they are exciting

& you dont need to graduate from a slow road bike to a faster road bike - before you got on the road you should have learnt to jump & slide on the dirt & gravel

the guys reccomending slow road bikes for saftey have it backwards

trogedon, Oct 2, 5:56am
Considering the open road speed limiit is 100kph - there are hardly any "slow" bikes and as a previous poster said fast riders can eat slower riders for breakfast - even if the faster rider is on a slower bike.
I could stay with or beat almost all of the guys in our motorbike club who were on bigger / faster / later model bikes than my Kawasaki 750 because I often had a little more skill and nerve than them.