Any Mitsi Mechanics!

richie250, Oct 1, 8:38pm
I have a 96 Challenger and there is oil leak at the back of the motor. Looks like its up high because its running down around bell housing but I cant determine where its coming from - any ideas!
3L V6 Petrol

mugenb20b, Oct 1, 8:47pm
Wash the engine and bellhousing and have a look in a few days. You might see where it's coming from. Although, I can only guess it's rocker cover gaskets. They go hard and crunchy after a while. Easy to replace, but very, very time consuming.

richie250, Oct 1, 8:52pm
yea thanks, i thought it could be that but i cant really see it lecking around rocker cover but hard to see behind it coz motor so close to firewall.

mugenb20b, Oct 1, 9:01pm
Mirror on a stick + torch. Also, can you look from underneath!

savanna71, Oct 1, 10:25pm
cylinder head end cap o ring

automan5, Oct 3, 1:47am
Its just the mitsubishi underbody lubricating system at work. As you drive, the airflow blows the oil back under the car and stops the floor from rusting out.BMC perfected it first and mitsi took over. The smoke coming out of the tail pipe is another great feature, the oil coats the inside of the exhaust and stops it rusting from the inside out.Very clever design features.

curlcrown, Oct 3, 2:39am
first try tightening the rocker cover bolts. Its not unusual for the to come lose.

candy1213, Oct 3, 2:47am
o so true , honda too, if no smoke ,''check the oil ,oil light bulbs burn out on these cars too ,cos they are glowing most of the time,lol

crzyhrse, Dec 4, 1:17pm
Intrade's your man!