Advice please Nissan Pulsar VZR

uglychicken, Oct 2, 6:44pm
Currently driving a '07 maxima and it drinks too much petrol around town so looking at a '97 Pulsar VZR (NEO engine) as an around town car with a bit of pep.

Anybody let me know how reliable they are please.

morrisman1, Oct 2, 8:11pm
They go like stink if you ring them out and will be pretty good on fuel. Better handling and bigger brakes than a standard pulsar.

Be aware that the power will all be at the top end and around town it will probably feel just like any other 1600cc engine

vtecintegra, Oct 2, 10:53pm
Definitely go and take one for a decent drive - personally I like that style of power delivery, but coming from a big V6 it might not suit you so well.

trdbzr, Oct 3, 1:13am
They are quite reliable but like any car, get a full mechanical check done. They go very well for a 1.6L and handle well. It also has two stage cam profile.

kiwicon, Oct 3, 1:50am
Parts are cheap, I use to own one, was reliable enough, and as mentioned above in-take and exhaust cam sound nice coming on. mine had a few mods thou

kcf, Oct 3, 2:05am
The Pulsar's of the N15 generation are pretty reliable cars.Get one with a good documented service history if you possibly can.Should be a lot cheaper around town than a Maxima.

They do not have a good turning circle though.Really not good.

trdbzr, Oct 3, 2:11am
also if you are looking at a vzr then another good option is a levin/trueno bzr or bzg, and perhaps a civic sir aswell that hasn't been thrashed

vtecintegra, Dec 4, 11:44am
The MIVEC Mitsi Mirage/Lancer is worth a look too