Towing a trailer. What is the size car that is powerful enough to pull a small to medium trailer thanks

Page 2 / 2
stevo2, Oct 5, 4:52pm
I would suggest 1600cc upwards if its just lightweight and shorter distances.
Stevo

big.b-lil.c, Oct 6, 1:30am
nothing smaller than a 600hp kenworth

dave653, Oct 6, 2:19am
If it moves. it's not overloaded!

mrfxit, Oct 6, 3:41am
Brother always used to say "you know you're too close when you scratch the paint"

He once got off a ticket for overloading a trailer by telling the cop it would have looked pretty stupid underloaded . as they looked under the trailer at the springs.

tuttyclan, Oct 6, 8:43am
I have towed my 1960 Vauxhall Victor years ago on a A frame behind my 1982 Mitsubishi Sigma 1600 for about 25 km in distance.I have also towed a heavy old Pajero 4wd for about 3 km in distance.Also a furniture trailer that weighed heaps more than the couch I was carrying inside.I have my own medium sized trailer for taking stuff to the dump,yes you do know the trailer is there as I have to work the gears a bit.My Dad once owned a 1973 HQ Holden and used to load up the same trailer with metal and builders mix and that car would go up and down hills all day and you would not notice the trailer was there.The old HQ was a 3.3 six and its claimed top speed was 150k which is the same as my Sigmas 1.6 four but that old HQ could tow it was strong but not fast!

crzyhrse, Dec 13, 2:07pm
Who is going to fess up to being the cry baby!