Suzuki Jimny-any good reason

aj254, Oct 4, 5:25am
not to buy one!

a.woodrow, Oct 4, 5:54am
They are a good wee truck, don't get one if you're a bit tall though. never really saw any common faults with them

franc123, Oct 4, 6:04am
As always with those sorts of vehicles make sure its not about to disappear in a shower of rust flakes, get a good look underneath and avoid anything that looks like its been used on beaches.Other than that not really.

mugenb20b, Oct 4, 6:23am
They are good little 4x4s, but, although capable, they are not very comfortable off road.

aj254, Oct 4, 6:25am
Geuss they cant be worse than my 4x4 hilux in the comfort department lol

kcf, Oct 4, 8:06am
very short wheelbase, so might be a bit more inclined to be a choppy ride than your Hilux . maybe

slarty45, Oct 4, 8:55am
My pevious car was a 2008 Jimny 5 spd (new)
only traded it cos I needed a better tow car

Heaps of head room
38-40 mpg from 1300 motor
not that comfortable on long trips (Whangarei-Gore)
100% reliable over 38,000 km I had it
very capable off road
newer ones have much improved rust protection
good late model ones sell fast, in demand

tigadee, Oct 4, 11:19pm
I've seen a Jimny pull a bigger 4x4 out of mud with winch and some leverage because the Jimny didn't get bogged down in mud being lighter, so don't underestimate it! My wife had one and it has all the qualities she was looking for: Tall, strong, rugged-looking and compact - same as me except for the last quality. ;-)

elect70, Oct 5, 1:57am
Dont get 1 if want to launch /recover boat off a beachanint got enoughgruntpulled1 out last weekend with my disco .with the boat still attached

ktp2005, Dec 8, 5:13pm
We had one for a few years, cant remember what year but it was later than 2000.Nice little car, bit limited on the road gearing wise for long trips but nothing else to fault. Very capable off road from reviews,
The engine was smooth and happy to buzz away.We still see it driving about the place and the lady we sold it to loves it to bits.
Heaps of keen buyers when we sold, ranging from young mums to real 4x4 guys, so there must be something going for them.